Thread: Spaky got a new cage, he loves it :D

Spaky got a new cage, he loves it :D

Spanky got a new cage yesterday !! it is like a tweety bird cage lol. I am not kidding. it is on a stand and stuff!! he is in my room now right infront of my window !! . he sings all day, I clipped his wings and toe nails yesterday, he wasnt too happy about that.

scary story:

I was chillin on my bed watching some teey and then I saw spanky on top of his new cage, and the window was WIDE open with no skreen!!!!!! , I had clipped his wings the other day but I didnt want his to get hurt lunging out of the window !!! so I creeped over and shut the window really fast he glided off the cage onto the floor, then I played with him .

I finally figured out where he got out, there is a bird bath in the door way of his cage and there was a tiny opening at the bottom, he must have squeezed through . I am glade he is ok though.

I took the bird bath out and now he doesnt have a bath intull I can buy a new one that will fit the door properly!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

How cool! Can we see a picture? Cheeko and Spring must be jealous. BTW, how are Cheeko and Spring? Do you still play with and tame Cheeko? What about Spring? We haven't seen pics of them in AGES!

I dont have my web cam set up .. mahh My brother efuses to set it up because it supsibly recks the computer memorie!!!!! ahhhh he is a looser!! so no pics !! . I should have gotten woulfsoul to take pics when she was over but ya she was obsessed about Oscar and mostly tikeya lol. Cheeko and Spring are great, My mom has tooken them over . She is obsessed over though two, mostly spring! Cheeko is doing better, he is still territorial of his cage and stuff, hiss ing is still there but not as reacurring as it used to be . which is good. They love being outside though, they love singing to the wild birds, Cheeko and Spring miss Spanky, because he isnt on the deck anymore, he is in my room! . but they can still hear him cheerping out the window !! ..

Yes, I agree pics! Tell your brother to hook up the webcam lol

glad Spanky didn't try to fly away...
    I've been BOO'd!

I wish he would listen to me but he wont he is a stubrin lil a$$ . I hate him sometimes, we got into a HUGE argument the otherday about the webcam!! grrrr, I should try to hook it up, but I would probably make everything much worse lol.

spankys new cage was only 5$!!!! isnt that awsome !!! our next door naibour gave it to us for that much, it has never been used befor !!!!! .

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    My brother efuses to set it up because it supsibly recks the computer memorie
    That's when black mailing comes in handy...LOL!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Tweety used to have a cage like that. She had it with her previous owners. But we got rid of it because it was to small and the stand didn't go with it lol. Also the bars were vertical and she could not climb on them and she almost got her head stuck So we got a new cage. That is way better lol.

Also I read in a couple books that round cages confuse the bird and they can hurt them...but I don't really think that is true.

We want pictures!!! lol hehe

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

Originally posted by Tweety_Pie

Also I read in a couple books that round cages confuse the bird and they can hurt them...but I don't really think that is true.

It IS true! Round cages are horrible for birds for several reasons. First of all, their tails break a LOT in round cages. 2nd, if the round cage doesn't have a plastic cover on the top, and the bars go up and meet at the top, those bars can seriously hurt a bird. 3rd, its not good for a bird's mind because they go round and round and round, with no end! 4th, corners provide comfort and a *hiding* spot for a bird when they are frightened or just want to cuddle. A round cage has NO place of comfort for a bird. Round cages are NOT recommended for birds, especially those of the parrot family (includes parakeets), because of their great intelligence.

We had a friend with 2 cockatiels in a round cage. They would always go round and round and round and round, never stopping, and they were always screaming because they were SO upset in that cage. I told them it was the cage and then they got a new square one. Now their birds are calm, sweet, and don't break their tails anymore!
    Where did Tikeyas mom say her cage is round though?

lol I didnt . It is on a stand,, umm let me try to find a similar pic to what spanks new cage looks like...

it had a plastic top!

umm.. ha ha look what I found: hee hee

it kinda looks like that BUT it has a plastic top and it is nices and cleaner! and on a cool stand thing.