My beloved dog, Dinky had a minor operation for his ear infection. Two days later, he was totally blind (at 8 years old) and my Vet sent him to a Veterinarian Opthomologist. One month later, I had to have him put to sleep due to debilitation, almost overnight. I am shattered and know something happened during that operation that I was not told. I believe I have a malpractice suit, but do not know how to go about it? When I took him for his operation and blood tests, the Vet said he had a very high white cell count and had to have extra medication during operation. When he was put to sleep, in my arms by another loving Vet, she examined him after death and said he had a stomach tumor, or so she thought. The first Vet was negligent and did not even examine Dinky's ears when I returned two days later when he went blind. After Dinky's operation, the Vet phoned me to tell me about another dog who had had to have stitches and something else and I was confused and said, "What are you talking about?" She said, "Oh! You are not so and so?" She was not even talking about my Dinky.
I delivered Dinky in Switzerland. I brought him to America and we crossed the U.S. by car and lived on the west coast for a while. He has always protected me and was too young to die, and certainly, too sweet a dog to suffer how he suffered from this Vet. What to do? Any suggestions?