Thread: stitches

stitches

Well, I was being stupid and careless (as usual ) and I had Icarus and Frisco on my bed at the same time. Not smart. I saw Frisco take a lunge for my precious little Icarus, so my first instinct was to bat him away while he was in midair.

After putting my arm in front of my Icarus to get Frisco away, he got confused and attacked me instead. He was ripping and tearing away at my wrist (You'd think I would have enough sense to pull away, but I was in shock) as I was screaming my head off uselessly.

When I finally got him off, I was still in shock, so it wasn't bleeding and I didn't feel any pain. When I came out of it, I started bleeding uncontrollably. It's been 3 days now, and it's still dripping blood.

So my mom wants to talk to her boyfriend (he's all first-aidy) and see if I need stitches. Uggh. I don't want stitches! I've never had to get stitches before in my entire life!

Yeah, so that sucks. And as usual, it is all my fault. Should have had one rat in his cage while the other was out. Nice going Jordan
    I've been BOO'd!

you don't need to get stitches if you don't want to have them, ask for glue instead.....my friend didn't want stitches when she cut her head open and she asked for glue instead and they used glue. I should say instead of glue.. liquid stitches lol

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

It's kinda gross. You can see where my bandaid was lol. It's starting to heal. He got me down to the muscle, but you can't really see because it's starting to get smaller, thank God.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
    you don't need to get stitches if you don't want to have them, ask for glue instead.....my friend didn't want stitches when she cut her head open and she asked for glue instead and they used glue. I should say instead of glue.. liquid stitches lol
    that sounds like a way better alternative! lol. I'll ask for that if it's that serious. I don't think it's serious enough for stitches, it doesn't even hurt, but my mom thinks that it's really bad...

Thanks!
    I've been BOO'd!

***Cringe***

OW!! That looks like it hurt!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

lol, it did at first, but it's been three days. It feels numb now.
    I've been BOO'd!

Oww! I hated getting stitches ( I wish I could have gotten the liquid ones). I hope you don't have to get stitches. I'm glad it's healing a bit though.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

OWIE!!!! Naughty rattie. Have you tried iodine? It hurts quite a bit but the wound usually heals faster for me. Aloe Vera helps a bit too. Ohhh...I hope you don't have to get stitches...I cringe at the thought. Poor Jordan.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    OWIE!!!! Naughty rattie. Have you tried iodine? It hurts quite a bit but the wound usually heals faster for me. Aloe Vera helps a bit too. Ohhh...I hope you don't have to get stitches...I cringe at the thought. Poor Jordan.
    I haven't tried iodine...But I've put on hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, witch hazel (around it) and Bandaid "hurt free" antiseptic wash (Yeah, hurt free my @$$ )
    I've been BOO'd!

I think there is a window of appropriate time for one to be sutured...and I am thinking three days is outside the window. So, I would just protect it as much as you can, keep it clean, and uncovered, and think about getting little mouth guards for the ratties...

Originally posted by Cataholic
    think about getting little mouth guards for the ratties...
    Oooh, I can see it now! Tiny muzzles!

I'll tell my mom that it's probably too late, thanks
    I've been BOO'd!

Ouchie! That's a rat bite all right! Just keep an eye on it because they tend to get infected. I find that vigilance with hydrogen peroxide is the best thing for rat bites.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I think there is a window of appropriate time for one to be sutured...and I am thinking three days is outside the window. So, I would just protect it as much as you can, keep it clean, and uncovered, and think about getting little mouth guards for the ratties...
    Look like Jordan's gonna be oozing like Binx.

So soon after his NOT recovery, already you are cutting on my boy???

Little rattie mouth muzzles...what a huge idea. I know they would sell...

Owie ouch ouch!!! Naughty rattie boy! Don't hurt your momma like that! That looks like it hurts really bad, and I hope it heals ok.
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!