Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bunnies!!!

Hamster Lover- i have a bunny, named Julian who I completly care for by myself. I also have a dog, 4 rats and a cat who I also care for by myself. It is alot of work, but for anyone who is up to it I would defintly say get a bunny. I love my baby Julian and wouldn't trade him for the world. He is such a good compainion. I agree, he is alot of work. You should see his room it is very very messy at the moment cause he got mad because I locked him up in his cage. So I am probly going to be spending the next hour or so just cleaning his room and moving the matresses out of his room. Julian also has cost us alot of money, by destroying carpet in my closet and bedroom and also by damaging a matress. But I would spend all the money in the world for him.

I am 15 years old and own 7 animals. I care for them all myself. I feel bad that adults have this perspective of teenagers and kids begging there parents for pets and then negelcting them. I know my pets are never neglected but when I tell people I have 7 pets they think that I begged my parents and now my dad does all the work, which is not true at all. I just minutes ago dragged a threee story ferret cage outside and hosed it off. I also cleaned out 2 litter boxes, one belonging to Julian and one belonging to my cat. I also recently spent 10 dollars on my Fish, Bella who has tail rot and change her tank now every 3 days to keep her water clean. My dog Nova is on pills morning and night so I have to make sure she gets them every day. When my pets need to go to the vet I make the apointment not my dad or my mom I do. I know you do not think that all kids are like your Boyfriends brother but I just want to say that the persepective you have on Most teenagers and kids is not comptly acurate. I know many people think of teenagers as lazy kids who are rebelouse, but there are teenagers out there like me who care for there pets and don't think of pets as a shirt, you can just get ride of it when it gets old, they think of it as a life long companion and friend, some one who you have to care for for the rest of its life.

By the way, I wanted to sya thank you, from all the homeless bunnies out there. I love the way you put you post and I think that you said that wonderfuly! I love the way you explained teh fact that bunnies are alot of work but you put it so it would not hurt her feelings. I wish more people would speak up like you did and tell someone how hard of work animals are. So, again, Thank you from me and all the homeless bunnies.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Re:

You're welcome

I didn't mean to make it sound as if all teenagers are like that. I know they're not. By the time they're your age, they should know that their pets, no matter how many they have, are their responsibility....and I know a lot of them do. But I also know some of them don't, and I just didn't want her to think it was an easy pet to own and then get frustrated or whatever when it turned out differently. I wasn't putting down teenagers at all. I realize that some even have jobs by the time they're your age, which I think is cool....teaches them responsibility.

Just wanted you to know I don't look down at teenagers at all. No matter how old you are, you have to take care of your pets That's all I was saying.

Thanks,
    Donna/hamsterlover

Ok Yea, I'm getting a job at the vets office in Auggest after school as a kennel girl, I can't wait! I just have to wait till the summer help leaves.

I wasn't sure on your veiws of teenagers and didn't want you to think all of us were lazy and didn't care for our pets. Just ask Julian who has his own room and air conditonig while I burn in the spare bedroom

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Re:

I know....you sound like a very responsible young adult, and I'm sure you'll grow up to be a nice, responsible adult Don't take offense....just know you and your brother aren't in the norm, and for that you should be proud of yourselves.

Take care,
    Donna