Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk Meeting - Melbourne!

Pet Talk Meeting - Melbourne!

Michelle (Captain), Vanessa (Henry'smummy), Shane (Mr Meow) and I had a meeting yesterday Mother Nature smiled upon us with a stunning winter's day and we met at the dog-friendly Middle Park beach near the city so Captain, Ruby and Henry could play, chase other dogs, swim and eat the odd starfish or two (more on that later ... sorry, Vanessa!)

Captain, Ruby and Henry are the most beautiful dogs! Captain was friendly, gregarious and playful, even though Michelle had arrived early to pre-exhaust him! Ruby is a wonderful girl, very friendly towards people and tried to like other dogs - but we got to see her pearly white teeth when she smiled at strange canines! Henry had just been promoted in obedience class and showed us his selective hearing and wonderful ability to evade people when he has something in his mouth that he shouldn't

I was so enthused at meeting the dogs that I kind of forgot to take pictures of the two-legged PetTalkers, oops ... next time, I promise!

Here are the pics.

Ruby enjoying the just above zero water. It's amazing how dogs don't go WHOOOOAHHH when they step into cold water and complain for ages like us humans

Captain returning from his 'meet the people' trip. White with black spots contrasts well against the sand, so we could easily keep an eye on how far away he was!

Captain gets a scare from a brown furry toupee on legs

Henry was teasing the furry brown toupee's furry grey toupee friend and received similar treatment!

More to come
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Yes, it's a starfish in Henry's mouth ... thankfully it was already dead when he sniffed it out of the sand. After chasing Henry to retrieve and bin the poor starfish, he went tracking and found at least two more! Shane suggested that Henry could be retrained as a truffle dog and make a living for Vanessa, instead of embarrassing her

Ruby *not* succumbing to Henry's charms! Get your own beach, Romeo!

Captain doesn't 'do' water, but if he were a horse, he'd have a magificent extended trot on the dressage arena

Henry being adorable when there is a prospect of a treat

It was great to catch up with Vanessa, meet Michelle and spend some time with their adorable dogs. Hopefully we can do it again soon
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

How fun!!! They sure look like they had a fun day!

I'm glad you were all able to get together!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Nicole,

WOW - those pics are GREAT .

LOVE this pic of my "brave" dog and the toupee!!!!!!!

AND Henry ......... what a honey!!!!!

.... as for my Ruby Monster ..... well, yes. Unfortunately, she thinks she LOVES dogs ....... until they get close to her ...... and then she changes her mind ....... sorry Henry!!!

We WILL do this again ...... and YES, lets take some pics of the Humans attached to the leads!!!

Great to meet you both ........... and Shane ....... receipes coming
    Last edited by captain; 07-06-2003 at 07:01 PM.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

OMGosh...those are such adorable pics!! Looks like they all and you all had a GREAT time!
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

Oh my! These are such GORGEOUS pics! Why haven't I ever seen Henry before? He's ADORABLE! And I just love Captain and Ruby too! They are all breathtakingly gorgeous

Looks like it was a wonderful time.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

What great pictures!!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!!! My Spotty dog needs to water lessons from Captain and Ruby. Guess I'll have to load him up and bring him to Melbourne

So glad you pm'd me about this thread Michelle!

Wow, it looks like the furry ones had a great day at the beach (even in the cold water )
    Oh how fun it would have been to be there and meet everyone's dogs, they are all just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!
    Thanks so much for sharing your pictures Nicole! I would have loved to see the people attached to the leashes also, maybe next time!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Ooooh! Those are beautiful! You guys look like you had a great time.
    ~Kat

PT MEeting Melbourne - Henry Sick!

Hey Nicole and Michelle,
    Great to see you yesterday (and the lovely Shane aka Mr Meow of course)
    Thanks so much Nicole for these fabulous photos, real doogy action, real Melbourne sunshine, great pups, what more could we ask for???
    Ruby and Captain are wonderful, gorgeous dogs. Henry loved playing with Captain in particular and is, still earning his manners for next time he sees Ruby.
    Unfortunately, whilst the starfish seemed like a great idea at the time, Henry suffered badly for his gluttenous performance. He was very, very ill after we got home, it seems the poisonous starfish had their revenge.
    On a brighter note, Henry seems to have recoverd and is back to his normal cheeky self today
    Thanks again guys, it was great.
    Vanessa.

How cool! Captain, your spotted ones are gorgeous! Ruby has SUCH an innocent looking face! Looks like you all had a great time! Those pics were great! Poor Jo didn't get to meet anybody did she? LOL Anyway, thanks for sharing! I'd love to see more pics!

Oh it looks like such a Fabulous Day was had by all...
    (Starfish?!?!?! YUK!!)
    Glad that Henry is alright!!!!!

Now about this 0 degree water temp.....we in Florida CANNOT comprehend such a thing!!!!!!

Now about Ms.Ruby and Mr.Captain!!!!!
    Are they not Just STUNNING!!!!!!!!!
    Love the Toupee with legs shot Captain!!!!
    And Dear Ruby,You are a Cover Girl!!!!!

Oh those Spotties!!!!!

So glad that you all Finally had a chance to meet...

Want Pics of the 2 leggers next time!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Looks like you had a swell day. I'm so excited that you had a good time. Congrats!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

What great photos of GORGEOUS dogs!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Why haven't we seen Henry before? He looks like Malone's twin! Handsome! And the spotties are looking as fabulous as ever! And I agree we need some pics of the two-legged PTers too!

Great pics. I'm so glad that everyone had a great time. I also agree that we need to see some pics of the two legged Pet Talkers too.