Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simon

Simon

I'm so sad to hear about your baby, Simon. My first kitty, the kitty that made me realize I love cats, is named Simon. I started to cry reading the story about your wonderful cat. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope your other kitties will be with you for years and years to come!!
    Last edited by mysimon27; 07-06-2003 at 02:04 AM.
    Angela, Simon, Seth and Booger

What a sad story. I am glad Simon brought you so much joy in his short life, and am sending prayers that the rest of your furkids remain healthy.

Thanks for sharing a very special story about a very special cat!

Ally sends kitten kisses.

Julie

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I'm sure Simon will be waiting for you over the Rainbow Bridge

where all loved animals wait patiently for their humans.

My cats rule the roost! This includes the bird's nests in the garden.

Poor Simon! He had a short life, but packed in a lot of lovin's. I bet Punky misses him too. He's going to remind all the RB kitties how to play.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Simon you didn't pass in vain. Your story will have impact on all who read it.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Simon.

So sorry to hear of your loss regarding poor Simon. My household was also affected by FIP. I'm down to 2 kitties out of 4, and hoping they stay healthy, but who knows? It truly is a devastating disease that not enough people are aware of, and unfortunately one that is becoming much more common. My prayers are with you and your remaining kitty kids, and I'm sure Simon's waiting for you and receiving lots of love and cuddles in the meantime. Remember, "Faith is the bird that sings while it's still dark."

We are sorry to hear about Simon , and we too pray that the other Cats will be all right. I lost my little Munchkin when she was 3 , from the same disease , and there isnt a day that goes by that I dont think of her! Simon is playing on the Rainbow Bridge and is now with the Cat Angel army in Hawaii! God Bless you Simon COTD!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aw I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost cats at a young cats but not to FIP. They were all hit by cars. I think the shortest time I had a cat was about 2 months before he was hit by a car. Now my cats are indoor cats. Anyway, I did shed a tear when I read your story. What a sweet picture! Sounded like a lovely cat! Thank you for informing people! Take care!

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your precious Simon. Your story will definitely enlighten everyone who reads it.
    My prayers are with you that your other cats will be all right.
    Here's to a very special RB Angel who was much loved in the short time you had with him.

Rest in Peace dear sweet Simon.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

So sorry for your loss - it seems it was a big one - that picture of those two kitties together tells the whole story. Sooo sweet, soooo sad. We remember you today stunning Simon!

Oh, I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing this. Simon was so sweet! I loved his precious photo bathing Punky. He's still smiling down on you from the Rainbow Bridge, and wants everyone to be aware of this terrible FIP disease. I didn't know about it before either. I'm so glad Simon's short years were loving and happy, and that at least he had a good home at the end, not in that shelter. God Bless You, Simon! I pray your siblings will stay healthy. I know they miss you! So nice to have met you, Sweet Baby!

Dear family of Simon. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful, sweet boy with us. While his time on this earth was tragically cut short, it is clear that during his lifetime, his gentle kindness knew no bounds; his affect upon those who loved him and those who knew him is eternal. Seeing him so sweetly caring for his pal Punky is a picture of exquisite tenderness that I will hold in my heart forever...it captures all that we treasure and cherish in our furry companions. You are deeply missed Simon, but you will never be forgotten. Until that day you and your family are together again, you live on in their hearts, always. It is our great honor to bestow upon you the title Simon, Cat of the Day, Cat of a Lifetime. Run happy, healthy and whole at the Rainbow Bridge beautiful Simon. And thank you for shining your loving light down upon us.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sweet, loving angel boy, Simon! You are sadly missed, but greatly loved and fondly remembered! We honor you today as our special Cat of the Day. Rest in Sweet Slumber!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Im so sorry you too had to go through this. Fostering kitties for my local shelter I recently fell in love with a couple and adopted them. The shelter doesn't routinely screen for FIP, and I had just finished reading about it when my Kodi took a turn for the worse. He had been battling URI.. and we just couldn't shake it. The vet tested for FIP, just to rule it out.. but sadly he was positive. I had him for a few more weeks.. thinking he was going get better, but sadly it overtook him. My other kitties now have FIP titers, but so far have not shown any symptoms, but I will be keeping a close eye on them.

If you want to contact me about my experiences with FIP, and living with kitties with FIP titers.. you can find my email address on my webpage..

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
    http://www.webwmn.com/kittyblog

Blog Entries

Simon, precious angel

darling Simon,

KatMa (my mommy) is still crying and understands your purrsons' pain, sorrow and great loss of such a beautiful, loving pussycat.

Your purrsons called you "The best cat in the whole entire world!" but my KatMa believes you status has been elevated to a very high level -- guardian angel cat.

Because of your purrsons most tragically learning through the devasting loss of you, they are educating others about FIPS now with the hope of saving the lives of kittens & cats.

Perhaps your purrsons will find comfort in the story of Rainbow Bridge. KatMa has attached a URL for them to open. The story of Rainbow Bridge comforted my KatMa when our beloved late Tiggy passed away. He was 15 years old. Mew, we hope Punky & the other cats live long & healthy nine lives, loved & cherished as you were and always will be.
    http://www.rainbowbridge.com/

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore