Thread: Bear, Dog, and Doritos

Bear, Dog, and Doritos

From The Daily Inter Lake, Grizzly leaves campers all wet

Paul

that is too funny, the bear was just hungry, you know bears are never crossing onto our territory, we are always on theirs. this just goes to show. I am glad it wasnt killed. most insident like this the bear would have been shot.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Hey you beat me to posting. People must remember you aren't alone in the woods . We are low on the food chain out there
    Personal note I have been witnessing some different behaviers this year animals who are night time feeders are out in the day light . Lots of afternoon nappers are not napping. Any one else notice unusual behavior this year?
    Oh yea the bear story happened 5 miles from my house, and I pass that spot every morning going to work.

Wow, Corinna! This is close to you!!! I like that these folks have such a good attitude after this incident. I would bet that they are glad it was the Doritos, not them!!! So glad it all worked out ok!

Logan

What a story!! Thank God nothing happened to the people, the dog, or the bear!! He just wanted some doritos, lol. I hope her pictures are published when she develops them.
    Just last week I was headed out to the lake, and I had to stop my car because a bear was trotting across the road in front of me--it was so cool!!! I didn't have my camera though
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Iam sorry to have to reaport that after the articale came out lots of other reports of this bear being fed by a group of kids for a month , caused the euthenasia of the bear. It seems that the kids had been feeding him at the local school and no one knew till one kid slipped while talking to someone and so it came out. They were having a nice picnic every afternoon feeding it.
    The saying a fed bear is a dead bear has been driven home to those kids.(10-12 Yr olds)
    Montana has enacted a new law that if you feed bears (bird feeders ,dog food or un sealed garbage) you can be fined and if you cause one to have to be relocated or killed you pay for it. We have too many people thinking they can change the ways of animals with out consicences to them or the aanimal. Too many people moving here with no common sense.

Poor bear
    2 summers ago 4 of my friends were trapped ontop of a picnic table with sticks trying to save their lives from a black bear. Everytime it came too close they would hit the bear with the sticks & would yell at it. They said they think the bear had been fed because it didn't seem overlly agressive, but they weren't taking any chances.

Afterwards they were told they were very lucky cause someone had been attacked by a bear a few days before them.
    ---------

At my grandma's village they have left the dump opened to the bears, it has hepled alot in keeping the bears out of the village. No one in that area has been attacked by hungry bears (cause there r none). But 30 mins down the hwy people r attacked in the city because their dump is closed & their bears r starving.

Thats the problem they don't seem wild but they are and unpredictable . They lose the fear of people and thats not good, both for them and people.
    We have a lot of grizlys here and if you don't know the difference it can be deadly. The only thing dumb enough to challange them are wolverines and the bears back down. We have a couple wolverines in the woods on my way to work. Have seen them once (in my car) too close for me.