Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PetTalk Meeting 2002?

Simba, sometimes I forget I am young.
    Thanks for the reminder darlin.

As for Paul and I, keep us updated. That would be too long of a drive - more than 24 hours, I know, as my brother was stationed at Ft. Hood in Texas, and I know it took him more than a day of driving pretty much non-stop to get back to base from Massachusetts. But depending on when and where, we might be able to arrange something - do let us know when concrete "Spring 2002 Texas" plans are made. Also, of course, if any big summer gatherings are happening - after all, I met Sandra, Logan and Helen last summer and we all came away smiling, right? And, let's see, if we met Bridget (Daisy's Mom)'s parents ahead of time, maybe she could come with us some time - she and Daisy only about 45 minutes away from us.

Kayann - I completely understand your parents' reluctance to let you give out your address. Maybe if your mom and I, or your dad and I or Paul spoke some time, we could work out some way of you meeting folks with our "supervision" - I'm a real, honest-to-goodness responsible adult! We'll have to think about that if some event comes up that might be feasible for you and Simba to attend and that I'll be there for.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so excited reading all these posts!!! But I am disappointed that not everyone would be able to go. I also feel guilty since Dallas is 3 hours away from me and 2 days away from others. But I will definately be there if it happens in Dallas! And both of my dogs will be there too!!! I probably wouldn't want to leave them alone toooo much in the hotel, but I would love to go to either the Big Cat Sanctuary or the Ft. Worth Zoo.

My spring break is March 10-17, but I could still easily make it during any other time.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Being young isn't THAT much fun!!! I'm 11... so, yes, I'm young, and it is stressful at times !

I probably, wouldn't be able to go to the Pet talk meeting eathier... my parents wouldn't let me, eathier!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

sorry to say, but we're not even sure if we'll have the money saved up for our Tennesee(sp?) trip, so i'm pretty sure we won't be able to make it to the "Texas" get together.

If anything is to happen in MI let me know.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Better late then never!!
    Tho I would love to see the Lone Star State, I am afraid I wouldn't be able to make it down there. Finances.
    MidWesterners:
    Would love to have a MidWest meet! There are a bunch of us too! I have said something to Terri about meeting her when Keegan can travel better, she is only about 4 hours away. Jessica, is about an hour and half and I think Phred is about 2-1/2 hours away, tho I am not sure.
    KayAnn and Sarah, I am 26 years old, and have lived on my own for 3 years and my mom is still leery about the people I meet on the internet. So don't think when you get older they stop worrying b/c they donot!
    Augie(Tex)- Just how young are you? Missed that post!!And did you check out my webshots album to see the new golden addition?
    And how are things on the GR site?
    I would love to Travel to Tx or Az sometime maybe 2003 or late 2002. I am having a friend move out to Az in Feb.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Well I'm old enough to have a daugher, son-in-law and 2 yr old grandson that happen to live in McKinney TX (North Dallas). Don't get to see them nearly enough from my East Coast digs but what a great excuse for a visit
    laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

Well guys, I was told by Mike that Dallas would be about a 25-30 hour drive and I HATE to fly so it would be driving. I like the Midwest idea simply because it's the middle of the country. Someplace like Missouri or Kansas would be middle of the road. What do you guys think of that? Just never mind me if it's a problem and I'm babbling! lol I miss you guys a lot by the way!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

There can be several meetings. Some of us are grouped together on the east coast, some in the midwest and the rest down south here. So, not everyone can or even has to try and attend one place. Go where you can !

We can get a list of people who want to attempt a meeting, then pick a place near each group of people. It sounds like a lot of us are interested in this which is fantastic! Although, I want to meet you Staci!! I need to meet the girl who shares my birthday, age and favorite karaoke song!

I tell you, meeting your online friends is a fantastic thing. I will never forget meeting Carla. Tonya, soon my dear, you will meet me. I promise. My sister-in-law has been asking me to come out to New Mexico for a long time now. I am considering going soon. But, hubby won't like me driving alone.... I, on the other hand, would LOVE IT!! Just me and maybe one dog, on the open road... ahhhhhhhh, I can't wait.

Anyway, we will figure this out and it will be great !

HELLO, TEXAS SOUNDS WONDERFUL....WHERE, IT'S A BIG STATE. WE HAVE MY MOM LIVING WITH US, SO DON'T KNOW IF WE COULD LEAVE THIS SPRING. BUT KEEP POSTING AND I'LL KEEP CHECKING IN. MOLLY WOULD LOVE TO MEET HER FUR FRIENDS.

That's a great idea about having the 4 seperate meeting locations, although I'd LOVE to be able to see everyone at once. I know that would be near impossible though. I would be willing to drive out of state, but I get really groggy after about 5 or 6 hours and if I was driving alone, I'd be scared of falling asleep. I'd also probably end up in China knowing how I am with directions But I'll see what I can work out.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

All your ideas for Pettalk friends to meet somewhere are great. However, I'm afraid I will have to pass, even if there is a meeting for us Yankees. I'm planning to have knee "Sir Jury" in March, the recovery period is about two months. So, I'll be out of circulation for a while. I hope you will all take many pictures and have lots of fun.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I posted this idea on the cat forum under Cat Shows, and a couple of people showed interest for all of us out west!! Another location for a Pet Talk meeting 2002...California!!! South, north, middle..no problem!! AmberLee and Noah's Mommy and I were thinking it would be fun, we just need to pick a weekend and a local and we'll be there with bells on! LOL

A spring get together or even a summer one sounds wonderful! I could do it, but would like to meet up with someone/carpool if possible. I live in Aberdeen, MD, about 20 minutes away from the PA border. I've driven to Texas before, would be willing to drive anywhere with someone. Laurie in Kensington, how about it?

Hi all,

I know that we have a location problem again, but if you want to meet at a zoo, Fort Wayne's Children's Zoo is in the top 10 in the nation. Just another option.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!