Thread: Bonnie and Babies went to their first adoption day event

Bonnie and Babies went to their first adoption day event

The kittens were 8 weeks old on Friday so they went to their first adoption day event on Saturday. I could not be with them because I work a full day on Saturday but one of the other rescue workers met me before work so she could take them to the PETCO.

Cashew was adopted and taken home directly from PETCO. I did not get to see her again Saturday night.

Kiwi got her new home later that day. I delivered her myself and she will have a very good life. (and close to me with the invitation to visit her)

Pouncer has an adoption application on him. The required home visit is scheduled for Monday, but he will probably be adopted then.

Bagel it seems did not attract any attention. I feel sad for him but glad that he will be here for a little while longer.

Bonnie, it was reported, did good being in a cage with strange people around. She did attract some attention and good comments. I am praying that someone goes home, thinks about her and comes back with an application. She is a good cat and deserves a home of her own.

Sad and happy news at the same time. Eight weeks to me seems very young -but I am sure they are all going to good homes. Jen I can't say enough of my admiration of adding Bonnie and her babies to your household -a cat mom with kittens is enough work even if you don't have a job and 13 uncles and aunties of the kittens to take care of

I too feel a bit sad about them having to leave their mom at that young age. The vet's I've spoken to about it, have all said "no sooner than 12 weeks"! But, being the good kitty mom you are, I bet you have a good reason and will make sure they go to good homes.

Best of luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Good work Jen, pat yourself on the back! It's so hard to part with them, but at least you know they went to good homes.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Here 8 weeks is considered old enough to leave momma - that's the standard here. It bothers me when people let them go at 6 weeks - the kids across the street when I was growing up got a 6-week-old kitten, and he was very needy and still wanted his mom. It was very sad.

Jen, you did a great job taking care of Bonnie and her kittens.
    Maybe it will be a little easier on Bonnie not having all of her kittens leave at once, she will still have one or two to snuggle with for a while.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I'm so glad to hear that 2 of the four have already been adopted and that Pouncer will also probably be adopted. I'm also glad to hear that Kiwi will be living close by so maybe you could take pics of her and update us on how she's doing. BTW she was my favorite. I'm sure that Bagel will also find a great home too and hopefully Bonnie will as well. If not then maybe you could adopt them. hint hint

Wow, that's so good to know that some of these babes
    have already been adopted. Good for them & congrats to
    you for fostering them. Some folks seem to have a preference
    for male vs female kitties. I don't know why, but people do. It
    certainly has nothing to do with looks as I've seen Bagel's pic
    and he is just darling. I'm sure that Bonnie & Bagel will find
    their forever family also. Just wanted to say thanks for all that
    you've done for them.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great job Jen! It's great to hear that two have already gone to homes. Hopefully the others will be placed in their home soon as well.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

So sad, but still good news! Congratulations on a job well done. They are so adorable that I don't know how little Bagel didn't "attract any attention!" I'm sure he'll get lots of attention next time when he doesn't have so much competition.

It's nice that Kiwi got to be close by, and that you got to deliver her personally. I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye, but maybe not as hard since you got to see that she went to a real good home - and even got an inviation to visit.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Bagel has gotten an application as well. As of this evening (Tuesday) Bonnie will be an empty nester.

This is sad but also great news. I'm so glad that all four kittens got adopted so quickly. Now hopefully Bonnie will as well.