Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to give this a try...

I'm going to give this a try...

Hey guys .. I literally dragged my sick self out of the bed to give you guys pics. Sorry I can't do video - I got LOTS of video - I just don't feel well enough to do it.

Alyson, I LOVE Lily .. she is the sweetest little thing .. Oh my when I saw her at your Dads hotel I couldn't believe how gorgeous she was, and how affectionate, as well as active! Rosemary and her friend Sue are really nice - she has to get Sue to come online more often

I was feeling good up until the point that we arrived back to the house with Lily. It just hit me - intense fever .. its so awful. But I held it back and took lots of video, not so many pics but I'll post them all. After finally realizing I was to sick to stay awake .. I went to bed - and Lily came in and slept with me the whole time! Eventually she ended up sleeping right by my face -- how sweet!!She's being a little strange around Toby tho - Toby obviously wants to be friends, he is always trying to go around her and play with her, and Lily Hisses and growls everytime. I'm sure with time she will get over it. I did expect a little hostility.

Ok now for the pics. Sorry, no captions

Alyson, thanks so much for all the stuff you sent me!! Wow .. you didn't have to do all that! I love it all Thanks for everything!

Your sister and dad are really nice people, very friendly I had a good time today well up until now lol .. I have to get back to bed soon .. I doubt I'll even get into work tomorrow again =/

Johanna

btw that is Alyson's sister .. she's really nice!

another thing .. toby panted a few times with his mouth open while trying to approach Lily and being hissed away .. is this okay? Poor thing he's not himself. I think he is jealous because Lily does cuddle with us a lot .. and he really wants to be friends and Lily isn't cooperating .. he looks upset kinda.. I try to pet him but he just walks away most times, he's definetely not himself

Re: I'm going to give this a try...

Originally posted by ScantyNebula
    and Lily came in and slept with me the whole time! Eventually she ended up sleeping right by my face -- how sweet!!
    Johanna
    Oh my gosh , I'm so happy she's being good for you. The tears are flowing again.

Thanks so much for the pictures! These will hold us over until tomorrow when you're hopefully feeling better.

I don't know why Lily is pulling that with Toby I am pretty sure she'll get over it soon. I hope she's not making him feel too bad.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

captions

Hey buster, a little privacy please!

OOOOOO What's this?!?! Looking good sister!

Toby, is this the spot Meowmie needs me to stay?

Johanna, maybe you could stick Lily in a bathroom or somewhere for a little while so Toby can feel better.

I expect her to get over herself within a couple days. You could rub Toby with a towel and put that towel under her food bowl so she gets used to his scent.

She and Shiloh had a rocky start but a couple days later they were perfectly fine.
    Alyson

Wonderful pictures. Thank you so much for getting out of bed sick for us, what a sweetie.

I think that panting thing means stress? That's what I read a while back when Noah would do it on the way home from the vet. He's probably just not understanding what's going on, but he will.

Feel better soon! Kiss Toby and Lily for me.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I don't think separating them would work well .. we tried and Toby was meowing and meowing to get in with her .. he even pounced at the door! He really likes being around her ..

Originally posted by ScantyNebula
    I don't think separating them would work well .. we tried and Toby was meowing and meowing to get in with her .. he even pounced at the door! He really likes being around her ..
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Lily - Don't make me fly to Canada and give you a talking to! You be NICE to your brother so you don't stress mommy out!
    Alyson

yes Lily, keep doing it!! That way your foster mommy will come visit Newfoundland

well guys I'm off to get some more rest - I'll see you all tomorrow

Goodnight Johanna... FEEL BETTER!!!

I think if you can find a toy that Lily really likes tomorrow, you can try to make her play with it at the same time as Toby. That might make her warm up faster.

Toby honey, I'm sorry she's being a pill to you. I hope you're back to yourself soon so you don't worry mommy.
    Alyson

Thanks for taking the time to get out of bed to show us those pictures. Lily is so cute! Congrats on your new family member, I can't wait to see even more pictures. I hope you feel better soon.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Now Lily, play nice!!!!! Toby is such a honeypot!!

Thanks for dragging your sick self out of bed to share this with us .... get well soon.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Wow Lily you sure are BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL little girl!!

You look an awful lot like my Mocha Bean!

GREAT pictures! I'm so happy to see that Lily arrived safley.
    You two look like you were meant for eachother!
    Get well soon =D
    Toby looks 'so thrilled' to have Lily around.