Thread: she let me cut her feet hair!!!!! *amazed*

she let me cut her feet hair!!!!! *amazed*

Today while on the computer I was trying to empty the trash can and file box, when Tikeya came trotting up to me and layed down on her back for a tummy rub. I was like awww!!!!!

I rubbed her tummy for 2 min then desided I would try to trim her feet hairs since they are majorly long . *Tikeya hates having her feet touched*. So I was a lil on the edge. I got a good pair of sizors and took her first front paw. she let me cut it, the second paw she stared sqwerming, I am amazed I even got her two front paws done lol. It is a miracle. noW for her back paws
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Yeah, I have to trim the hair on dogs feet all the time. I think it looks much better that way. I actually shave between Nebo's pads, but that's only because he lets me lol. It's really not fun to try and do with dogs that hate their feet touched...it seems nordic and herding breeds hate this the most...especially huskies and border collies!

Since Alex is a long-haired dog, he gets really long hair between his toes/pads. His feet are also very, very ticklish, so when you grab the hair, he kicks, and kicks because it tickles! We do it any way, just with two people
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

it really sucks when it is winter and it is snowy out, because then Tikeya feet will hurt because the snow clumps . I am going to keep playing with her feet everyday and getting her used to it. I wish I started trimming between her pads when she was younger, I sure do regret that now.

It's no fun to trim between the pads. My dad’s senior dog, Bob has real bad "slippers" on his feet. (we always say he's wearin' his slippers when it's time to trim 'em ) He's also getting a bit better, but not much.

Good girl Tikeya!!!! Yeah, keep touching them a lot. I play with Chester and Millie's feet all the time! Bruce could care less and Granny would take my hand off if she had more than 2 teeth!!!

lol, ya i know what you mean. Tikeya has never tryed to bit me though, she just struggles and whines when I try to trimm her feet. It is soo funny. she has the most funny whine lol ask wolfsould she'll tell you, .

Yes, she does have a funny whine lol. It's so cool though

I cut Timber's toe hair a while back. She was chewing on my hands at first, but after threatening her, she let me lol (as if the threatening actually works I just like to pretend she understands)
    I've been BOO'd!

I tried trimming Kai's feet hair a while ago, it turned out good so I thought I'd try again a few months back...that time, it wasn't so good. I made it look horrible lol..luckily, hair grows. I think I'll get a groomer to do it next time...I've been avoiding going to the groomers lol...gosh..with all that fur, I'd have to be a millionare to pay for it! (LOL)

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

You should give the groomers a try. I bet Kai will come out looking gorgeous! Shelties are only $29 where I work, I don't think that's too bad.

I bet her feet look beautiful now!!!

I try to do Kito's sometimes--I wait until he is relaxed, and do one at a time--usually it takes a couple of days before all 4 are done, but they look good!!! He hates to have his feet touched too, so it's a chore, but worth it!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada