Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: JULY 13th PT meeting!

Great news! My parents aren't leaving for Tawas until the 14th, so that means Kia, Andy, and I are free on the 13th.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by mugsy
    Ok, KayAnn, Mike and I talked about it and decided if you were going to be able to be there that the least we could do was bring the dog you request, so, Serenity would get to come twice in a row! lol
    Yaaayy! hopefully i do get to go.. I REALLY really wanna go now since i know the dog of *my request* would be there!

Oh how I'd love to see Nala romp around with all of the pet talker pups!!! She's probably knock them all over... or the other way around because she's so clumbsy!! Oh i so hope i get to go.. Especially since Kia's going to be there!!! oohh myy. *crossing fingers* My parents always decide things at the last minute...

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by anna_66
    Do you really think you'll be able to come Amy?!

I do have a baby shower to go to that day, but if you're going to be there, I'm sure she'll understand

Hey Amy, if you can come do you think Rachel might want to come too?
    Right now I'm pretty positive that I will be there. It's going to be a loooooooooooooong drive!

I've been trying with Rachel, but she won't come.

Yeah Amy!!! It will be great to meet you and Nebo!

Hopefully I won't scare you all......and Nebo won't be a BRAT!

When do you think you would get in? If you wanted to make it more for then just the day, maybe we could plan a few things for Saturday too? I don't know if everyone would want to /be able to drive in two days in a row, or if anyone would be interested in camping or getting a hotel, but maybe some of us that are closer could do dinner or something.

If anyone is intereted, there is a "Great American Mutt Show" in Maumee, Ohio (about 35-40 min North of Findlay) Saturday, July 12 from 10am-1pm. I think we are going to register at least Sadie and any dog, spectator or registered those competeing for "best in Show" can compete in the "fun contests", things like "most unusal markings", "most looks like another animal" etc.

Originally posted by joycenalex
    tawas state park?!? oh I LOVED CAMPING THERE!!!!, very fun place to be.
    alex the wonder dog and i will come, i'm looking forward to meeting every doggie and human. could someone tell me what the cost for the shelter is?
    The shleter we rent is $30 but we split up the cost. It usually works out to about $2-3/family. We also usually bring food to share.

We'll be getting there late Friday night, so YES, I would love to have something to do on Saturday. We're staying at the Super 8 Motel in Findlay, the rates are pretty reasonable and it's only about $5 per dog. This link http://www.usahotelguide.com/hotel/1...O.html?se82046 has more info on it, you can call the toll free number at the top to book a hotel and find out pet restrictions. I'm not sure if I could go out to dinner, as you can't leave pets at the hotel...though I could probably get my mom and aunt to stay with him for an hour or so. That "Great American Mutt Show" sounds interesting!!

We'll also be in the CLEVELAND area (staying in Westlake) that Monday and Tuesday...I'll be meeting up with Rachel (Countrywolf07) there. I'll also be staying in Missouri, Iowa, and Colorado....

I would like to bring some homemade cookies but since we'd be leaving Wed they would be gross by Sunday...I'll figure out something to bring though--defintely will be bringing goodies for the pups!

I'll be there.... in spirit!

My sister is moving to East Lansing in August though. So I'll be up there visiting her sometime at the end of August (with Reece probably). Maybe I can meet some of you then!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Well, Binx goes in for some biopsy type things and neutering on July 1. Phred mentioned whether Binx would be up for it...does anyone have any thoughts? I will ask the vet, too, but, how did everyone else's dog do after nuetering? The biopsy stuff should keep him down a week.....hmmm....things are going to be close, aren't they? We may be in attendance, but, Binx might not be playing with the other doggies...

He'll be just fine from the neutering. The boys bounce back very quickly because the surgery isn't as invasive as a spay.

The problem we have at the shelter is trying to MAKE the boys stay calm for a couple days because they're always back in action very quickly.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Nebo was wild as can be just when I picked him up from his surgery that day. I almost think the stitches has almost dissolved by 2 weeks.....I think he'd be fine, honestly, he plays pretty calmly anyway, doesn't he?

Snoopy was up and raring to go the same night as his surgery. By the next day, you would have never known he was snipped the day before. But I don't think anything can keep Snoops down! So I think Binks will be fine - I wasn't there as long as everyone else the last time but if I remember correctly, he was not one of the rough and tumble crowd. (like Sadie, Spot, Cincy, Snoops, Taggert to name a few)

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Yay Amy!! I'm so excited.

Joahana! It just wouldn't be a party without Binx!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June