Thread: allergies

allergies

wow!! I am really getting hit this year!!
    I don't usually have bad allergies, once in a while. Last time I remember them even half this bad was about 4 years ago. Cats always make me sneeze, but we were at my friends house last week, and I couldn't even breathe--I wanted to play with her 2 kitties, but I had to stay outside after a few minutes!!
    Now, I think my dogs are bothering me
    I can't stop sneezing, and my eyes are watery and sooooo itchy!! I've been brushing the dogs every day, and vaccuuming and cleaning like a crazy lady, and I still feel crappy.

There are so many medicines I can't take, so I usually just don't take anything. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do??
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I'm sorry that your allergies are bothering you so much.

I'd go to the hospital and get tested for asthma. Asthma and allergies do have alot to do with eachother, believe it or not, and getting something to help asthma can help with allergies as well.

Even if it isn't asthma, inhalers seem to help alot with allergies. It's what my mother, brother and I all take.

Benedryl is great, it helped out Tikeyas_mom alot, and my mom and brother take it too.

My mom also has eye drops and nasal sprays, and they work well for her. ( she has allergies that have put her in the hospital many times).

Hope I helped!
    I've been BOO'd!

You poor baby-I am the allergy queen! there is a product you can rub on your doggies to make them virtually allergy free. I think it's called allerpet and should be available at any pet shop-well the larger ones.It's non toxic and won't harm the doggies at all. Benadryl always makes me feel like a mule kicked me the next day.-Maybe you should be tested for mold-this year is a bumper year for mold spores in the air!! Good luck and gesundheit
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

I use to never have allergies, till later in life, the Dr. told me that happens as you get older your boby changes. Crap.....it could have at least canged to something nicer. I got it bad now, try Benadryl, I live on it. But get the Benadryl allergy & sinus ones (blue). The reg. Benadryl put me on my butt, but these aren't as bad, I can still function on these.

Also if you can leave a window open, I know in my case if I'm closed in with my cats, it's worce on me. If you can take Benadryl , take it every day even if your not felling bad, Thats what my Dr. told me. After awhile I take one a day now everyday. He said it build up in your system and works better that way, then waiting till you fell crappy. It's worked for me, hope something works out for you too.

Good luck

This is the first year I've had any allergies. Fortunately, my boyfriend's OTC generic stuff works well for both of us!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Shane's brother arrived yesterday for a visit, and has been sneezing and wheezing ever since. We think it's cat-related (or the mattress in the spare room is fairly new, so it might be the chemicals they give off). I gave him some Zyrtec, but he woke up in the middle of the night feeling worse, and we thought we'd have to drag him to hospital. We might have to find somewhere else for him to stay until he leaves, the poor thing.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I am guessing this is realted to my allergies , but I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection for the 2nd time in less than a month! Before this, I don't ever remember having problems like this ever!!!

I finally did have to break down and call my eye doctor--rubbing my eyes for an hour before bed and crying because it hurt so bad was getting to be a bad habit .

She called in a prescription for me, of Patanol eye drops. They have worked very well, with one downfall.
    When I picked up the prescription, the pharmacist tells me that my insurance didn't cover them, blah blah blah--I tell her I don't care, I just need the drops--turns out the 5mL bottle was $70
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    turns out the 5mL bottle was $70
    Yikes!

One time I got bronchitis and pnuemonia, and my mom had to pay 50 bucks for a tiny bottle of pills, and I only took a few lol
    I've been BOO'd!

At least in New England, we had a very wet spring, so the plants all went nuts and there has been more pollen this year than I can ever remember. I take a very strong prescription antihystamine/decongestant year-round, and a few times this spring/summer, I've taken Sudafed on top of that so I could stop sneezing long enough to sleep!

I'd ask your doc or pharmacist what he/she'd reccomend, as there are a variety of products out there, so there's gotta be one you can take!

Even though you had to pay $70 I sure hope the drops help.

I thought I was having allergies & took everything I could think of and nothing helped. Come to find out because of my Graves disease it was affecting my eyes. I've been on quite a few different drops and thank goodness my eyes are starting to feel better.

Hope you start to feel better very soon

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets