Thread: chihuahua owners click here

1. chihuahua owners click here

How much do chihuahuas shed (short hair ones)? Like alot, little bit, or hardly any at all? please post! Thankyou in advance.

you should PM Cisco's mom. I don't know of any other chi owners here....But she has a really cute white short-haired chi named Cisco.
    I've been BOO'd!

Im watching a chihuahua for a friend....shes short haired...she hardly sheds at all.

my mom-in-laws chihuahua sheds a good bit..... but his fur is white too... so it shows up on anything you wear.. but he is so cute... I don't mind wearing a little of his fur...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

depends on the dogs environment realy, a dog who spends ALOT of time indoors will shed most of the year (the temperture is more even than outside)
    but a dog who can spend more time outdoors (in warm claimates) will hopefully shed only at the normal times (getter winter and summer coats)
    my chihuahua (lil theodore) sheds most of the year as we are not in the warmest of climates, he spends quite a bit of time inside

hope that was some help to you
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Cisco and I want to give you a big...

I would have to say that Cisco sheds very little. Although, his coat is not at all thick and pretty short. If you have anymore questions let us know!!
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

not an owner I dont even know why I am postin...... SORRY
    Layka

Mean chihuahua? :(

We saw a little dog that looked like the Taco Bell dog in the park last night. He seemed downright vicious though. Barked, growled, bared his teeth at my Buddy. Maybe he was just scared of a larger dog but I was surprised at the intensity of the barking and growling. Glad he was on a leash or I think it would have attacked both of us.

Short Haired Chihuahuas

shed all year long and I have heard that it can be quite a lot. Our weesome threesome are long-haired chihuahuas and they shed twice a year which is quite enough, thank you.

cisco the beautiful chihuahua

i love that picture of your white chihuahua ,cisco . i have a black and white chihuahua . i have not seen many white chihuahuas . im new at owning a chihuahua . im learning how different they are from the other dogs . tiny don't seem to shed hair bad either . how old are they when they get to their adult size ?when do they stop teething ? i would love to hear all you have to share about your chihuahua . what books do you recommend on chihuahua health , habbits . again thank you for showing the cute picture of cisco . would love to see more of them . i am enjoying my new baby . she really is a joy ! she brings out the mom in me , with her sweet child like ways .
    Last edited by amoore; 10-14-2003 at 06:55 PM.

My two foster chihuahuas shed quite a lot, all the time.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Best Chihuahua

book I ever had was given to me by my future son in law.
    Chihuahuas for Dummies. It covers everything.