Your Spike is really beautiful! We have one named Sunny who is two as well. He was full of energy and was a stinker until we rescued another golden. We live in a very rural area in farm country and smatterings of woods. Sunny and I were riding down our quiet road in our golfcart when I noticed the neighborhood kids with this beautiful golden retriever on a rope. He was so sweet...climbed right up to Sunny and I and gave us kisses. The kids didn't know who he belonged to but I thought because he was so well-behaved and sweet that the kids' parents would surely adopt him. A couple nights later our neighbor called us to ask if we were missing our dog. It turned out to be the lost golden. I took a leash over there and brought him home. My husband was not thrilled to have another hairy dog in the house but only mildly grumbled. I put up 'found dog' signs all over at three vets offices, local grocery stores, golf course, animal shelter, etc. After two weeks with no reply we decided to get him to the vet and get started on heartworm and get his shots. We really fell in love with this dog and he and Sunny played like long lost friends. He helped to burn up some of Sunny's excess energy and they just knew they were soulmates. One morning something told me to try the name Max on him. We'd been calling him Jakey. His head perked up and I knew that had been his name. I told my hubby this and he's like, yeah, sure! That night as I was coming in from my walk with the dogs I heard my husband saying on the phone, "You're going to break my wife's heart." I knew it was Jakey's former owners. This was a full month after we adopted him. I let them know we'd gotten the dog his shots and was doctoring him for a yeast infection in his ear. Also they were welcome to visit him and see that he was well. They had promised their son a new dog already (thank you Lord!) so all they really wanted to do was show their son that "Max" (!!!) was okay. Jakey's an older dog...maybe 7-8 but still loves to play...he and Sunny are soooo good for each other. Jakey came 10 miles to live with us and Sunny, hubby Bill (he sits with my husband every night as his lap dog ) and I are soooo glad he did. Enjoy Spike! Justanothergoldenlover, Tanya