Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could...

I'd like Iris to listen to me better in the ring. She's fine in training, but in the ring, it's a different story.
    Becky Weise & the German Shepherd
    Iris Von Der Felzen Haus CD, CGC, 2 legs of NA
    Iris' Den

Originally posted by lbaker:
    <STRONG>p.s. meteor showers are not quite yet..another half hour or so...
    laurie
    I'm just having TOO MUCH FUN
    </STRONG>
    No fair. It was too cloudy here to see them.

I know nobody is going to believe this or you will all laugh a lot. There isn't one thing I would want to change for Carina. I would like, for both of us, that time would go slower because she will be 9 in January.
    At a pet show I heard somebody say: "There isn't such a thing as a perfect dog." To which I answered: "Yes, there is and I have it."

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I'll try this...

If there is something I would improve about Hoocher Smoocher is that he is sometimes very high maintenance. i.e. he always wants to be pet, and sometimes I just want to sit and read or watch television.

Also, If Amber Blaze and Hoocher were together..if only for a day.

Change...nothing. He's is such a good dog manner wise and obedience wise. I'm following Albeas lead on this one. Amber Blaze was perfect. Hoocher is pert near, but not there.

I had to think about this for awhile. If I could change one thing, it would be (it's between two things), so it would be either:
    Be friendlier with other dogs
    or
    not ALWAYS have to chase the critters outside

Aside from that she is a wonderful dog. Niether one of those things is she really BAD about- just not great. Oh-well, I have only had her 4 months now, so there is plenty of time still to work on them.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

I wish Kia would come when I call her, whether it be indoors or outside.

And I wish I could teach her to TAKE out the trash, not spread it everywhere. LOL!

~Kimmy
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I've hesitated to post on this one....because my girls are perfect in my eyes, and I couldn't ask for better pets. But, if I could make them more perfect, it would be:

Honey: She would come to the door when I call her to come in, rather than me out there having to force her. But all in all, she is 100% better than she was, even 6 months ago. So I'll take that, and deal with the rest of her issues.

Lilly: Absolutely nothing. No one could ask for a more loving, obedient dog than she is. She just wants to be wherever I am. And that makes me happy, happy, happy.

Hmmm. Change something about the dogs? Their little oddities and annoying traits are what make us love 'em so much, but still:

Kobie--Girl, you just gotta be nicer to other dogs! Greeting another dog with fur raised, teeth bared, and a gleam in your eye just ain't cool. Or easy to deal with.

Eli--Little man, you're an awesome frisbee dog with a heart of gold, but PLEASE don't be such a kamikaze all the time! You'll hurt yourself!

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

one thing. ...though it is part of what makes him independant, it is also one of the things the law could take him away from us for. ...I wish King heeled on command better. (I wish that he wasn't as dominent w/ some other dogs, and that he was younger, but the recall, was the first that came to mind.)

I wish Specs was less agressive.

As for the "showers" We satyed up ALLL night to watch them, but when we went outside to watch ....it was all FOGGY!!!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.