Thread: I feel terrible

I feel terrible

Kinda long, sorry...

As some of you may know, I have had exams all this week. On Tuesday was my math provincial exam. It's separated into three parts, A, B, C. Part A is multiple choice and gets sent off to the government to be corrected but Part B and C were corrected by my math teacher. I got my marks from him yesterday and had a 63% average. (which is good, considering I beat out a lot of people) The thing is, during the exam my math teacher said to circle our answers for the multiple choice so he can correct them himself. He did and it turns out I got a 30% on them. I failed my math provincial I worked soooo hard, I have never tried harder for any test and I still wind up failing. I can't believe this. Here's the worst part. About now I'm averaging a 50% but the stupid government has this thing called moderation, where they want to get this total average of the students. They want 66% of the students to pass and the rest to fail. (that's fair to them ) So the ones who have a chance of passing are those with a 56% and up. They're going to lower my mark and I'll have to go to summer classes and retake the test. My summer is ruined!! I can't believe this! I tried to hard and I didn't even pass!! I've been crying all morning. All my work didn't even pay off...

Sorry, I know this was long and pointless but I had to let it out.
    Maybe you guys can keep your fingers crossed and hope they moderate my mark up or maybe I circled the wrong answers on the questionnaire...? Thanks.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I'm so sorry! I failed my stupid math final as well, and I studied night and day for over three weeks! I hope they change your grade, and good luck.
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

Oh dear, you poor thing!

Lotsa lotsa lotsa HUGS!!

You will get a second chance. Don't be disheartened. I finished highschool with a score of 98.15 out of a possible 100. I failed 2 maths tests in earlier grades! I even failed one on my birthday!!

I had major gaps in my maths education and I worked very hard to rectify them. Perhaps you, too, could enlist the help of a good teacher or tutor to set you on the right path.

As for moderation, it is a generally unfair system on everyone who worked hard. Top students like myself would often lose large chunks of our marks as they were too much of a deviation from the ridiculous bell curve. I hope that moderation works in the favour of someone who truly deservies it this time!!

Now, I know it sounds trite, but all this stuff really doesn't matter in the long run. The fact that you failed a maths test does not mean that your life is ruined. There will be plenty of chances to prove that you have something positive to offer the world. The key is, find what it is that you love and are good at and go for it!

So what did I do with my life? I abandoned the chance to study law or medicine to lead a more fulfilled, happy existence!!

Good luck

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Thanks.

Yes IttyBittyKitty, my friend got a hundred on all parts except for the multiple choice, where she made one mistake. I feel so bad for her, her mark will drop. It's an incredibly stupid system but I hope it will help me out a little.

I'll be taking a bridge course in the summer and then the final exam again. I know my life isn't ruined. I don't even want to go into math in college. I'm aiming for advertising or webdesigning. Hopefully I'll make it lol

from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.

awww i am soooo sorry, I hate math, there is a reason I chose not to take math 20 this semester, but then I hope I get the same math teacher next year, I like her, my math marks went WAY up with her as my math teacher, the problem is EVEYONE ELSES when WAY down with her! and my grade 9 math teacher, everyone did really good with her but I was failing with her for me what I found is teachers that make you do the same type of questions over and over and over again, makes me get bored and my mind just quites, but when you only do 1 type a day and not to many I do really really well, I got an A on a test do it that way, and an F when a different teacher went over and over again I remember on my grade 9 math final I failed becuase she had 52 questions all exactly the same type, I mean honestly, my brain just quite on me half way through good luck on your next try I got my history final at 1:00 today and I have not even opened my book, think I should do that? lol after my teacher DID say if I write a good final I can easily get in the high 80's
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I never study and some how always past...before a test in the spring i garden. summer-ride horse. fall-play in the leaves. Winter- read. ralaxeing it the best pre test thing.

Not when you don't know much about the subject to begine with

Thanks for the 'good luck's. Cali, I had my History final but mine was on Quebec so I'm pretty sure it would be different than yours. It's pretty long Watch out and good luck.

BLEH. I HATE math. I really don't understand why we need all of that extra stuff. Give us some addition subtraction, multiplication, and division and that's all we need!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

lol exactly! It's not like I'm going to be going for a walk one day, see a garbage can and decide to calculate its volume. Ah well...

lol yea everyone wants to calculate the volume of a garbage can.I know math can be difficult.it is for me too sometimes.at least you're getting another chance.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Yeah and you know, Everyone always wants to know the measurement of the American Flag and pole's shadow.

( That's always a question on the FCAT - A test we *gave* to take down here to pass )

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I went to high school in Canada and I failed the mandatory French that is required. But once I got to university I did just fine, because I didn't need to take French again.

I know this probably doesn't help much, but, I think that everyone has difficulty in some subject. Once you get into the higher grades and university, you have more opportunity to develop those areas that you are stronger in.

Cheryl

lol KayAnn I always get that question too! I hate it

Cherul - your right. Math has always been my weak subject. I used to be really bad in french but I caught onto it and made it to the advanced class. I dropped out of it because it was all about French poetry and symbols and junk. I wasn't doing too well in it anyway