View Poll Results: Do you like pooodles with their hair cut off?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 34.62%
  • No!

6 23.08%
  • Depends!

10 38.46%
  • Sometimes!

1 3.85%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: *poll*do Poodles Look Better With Their Hair Cut Or Not??

Thanks Mich!
    She's a wonderful wonderful girl! The pillow is needlepoint - but I didn't do it!! I just love poodles, she's my first, and will definitely not be my last!! Cheers.

jax

Jax, I have had a few small poodles, and loved them too much, but alas.........through the breeders wanting better bodies, ears stance etc.etc, there has been so much in- breeding ( over here they call it 'Line Breeding' ) ........none of mine lived to be 4. I have a big cross Poodle now ( not angry ) ho ho. The Vet says I have a better chance of her living a longer life being who she is.

I asked after the cusion, as I used to do tapestry.....and it is a lovely piece.
    Regards Mich.
    Mich

all of the poodles on this site look marvelous! I hate the show clip where the top knot is pulled so tightly the doggy looks like he/she has had too many face lifts-the Joan Rivers look!!
    The clip was designed to protect the joints from the water when the poodle would swim. The worst clip I have seen is the flower sculpted look-the lady trimmed the dog to have flowers and vines and then she took food colouring and made the hair flowers bright pink and the vines green! ugh!!! she should have done topiary not doggies.
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

Originally posted by Airedalekisses
    I hate the show clip where the top knot is pulled so tightly the doggy looks like he/she has had too many face lifts-the Joan Rivers look!!
    I have thought that very same thing myself!

Originally posted by Mich
    none of mine lived to be 4.
    Oh my! I have never heard of such a thing. How sad!!!!!!!! I wish you many long years with your labradoodle!!

To Pam !

Pam, what a kind and generous comment to make. I too feel like I am on tender hooks up until this dog is over 3 years of age. The last 2 I had ( one was rescue - the other hubby bought as I was so upset on the death of the last ) showed signs of trouble at aged around 2-21/2 years of age. I won't go into it, but it was to do with the in-breeding which , I've been told is normal in good breeding kennels.

Well, Pam, Me too, I hope I have done the right thing in getting another dog. I remember breaking my heart over the loss of my dog, to a friend...........she said the most wonderful thing to me and I remember it to this day. I will tell you:
    "."Mich, God knew that these dogs needed a special person, to love and care for them, as he knew they were not going to be here long..........so he picked you. What better person to give a sick dog to, than you." I thought she was out of her mind, until I thought about just how many pups I had taken home and loved, and through no fault of mine, had diseases they were born with.
    I'm not greedy, Pam, I just want one dog to live a good long life, is that too much to ask of God? Just one.
    Mich

I like the way aly keeps her poodle, i personally dont like seeing poodles shaved and bows in them, i guess for showing them, thats what u do, but its just something i dont like, there such an intelligent dog seems a shame to do that to them. just my opinion thats all, no offence to anyone meant ok.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

carole

my first poodle was in '77. I have had small poodles all through these years, along with a whole heap of other dogs. I have never shown my dogs, nor have I ever had puppies ( but the number of females not sterilised I could not count)

I am right behind you on the clipping thing. BUT, if people wish to show their poodles, the dogs have to have these clips....thus why I never. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have people out in an arena without 1/2 their clothes on, parading around on a leash to see which is the better human.......would like to be a judge, you too?
    Mich

carole

Sorry, forgot to say, my dog is only 1/2 poodle in my picture.
    Mich

Mich

Yeah, she's a Labradoodle!! I've never seen a blonde one-you can see her sweet face better than a black one, I just saw a TV advert with one running on the beach!! sooo cute.

Airedalekisses

Yes. she is.........but after first joining, I keep it quiet, as I got shot down so many times for owning one. The people didn't know me, or how many dogs I've owned. I wasn't going to come back at one stage, and then thought " Hey, she is mine and I love her, so Humph!! to all who don't like the idea I have her" She is a cross bred dog, one which I can keep inside, and I don't make her look silly with pom-pom's hanging off her everywhere, she is cut to be comfortable.

I went to a Labradoodle Romp here, and you should see all the different dogs they call labradoodles.....I was in a state of shock. some looked like mini labs, others looked like long haired elk hounds, others looked like mine and others, well they were mini-poodles. I was offered lots of males to breed with mine, but I don't breed my dogs, as they are my companions, and I love her and would not do it. I have had dogs since '77 and not one has had pups.
    Mich

Well I think the man who came up with the idea of labradoodles should be commended! the blind lady who needed a guide dog was allergic to other dogs-and poodles rarely cause allergies and labs are good guide dogs-so perfect combination! If they could breed poodles and cats I'd be fine-very allergic to cats-haven't tried the hairless ones yet-Dr, Evil from Austin Powers, Mr Bigglesworth.

airedalekisses

The Cornish Rex cat has hair like ripples, and it does not shed. People who love cats and have allergies, often have a rex cat.
    Mich

I did not vote, as my three poodles all have different cuts

Pearlie Mae- Ch. Cetaceas Black Pearl is in a puppy cut now as it is easier to groom her, she is twelve years old and is in liver failure. She was in the show clip up until 7mths ago, she is a mini

Gannie Goo-Gannon's Erin of Wildefire is in a complete shave down no hair on head ears or tail. she looks like a apriot curly wiemer which theres no such thing. gannie is a standard

My Riley- Gannon's sir Raliegh of Erin- is in the show clip. Its not as bad as everyone thinks and the top not is not pulled all that tight. and he seems to think he looks like top dog. I do show him and only need one major and he will be a champion. Riley is a standard

This Riley

Poodles were also guardian dogs in the castles in mid evil times and were used in many wars. In the 1500's in the battle of the roundheads with Prince rupert and charles the first also in ww1 and ww2. They have a colorful past. they were also the first breed used in the starting lines of the doberman and boxer breed. ALso I believe 3 or 4 yrs ago there was a team of poodles used as sled dogs and they won. they were the number one sled team that year yes they beat the huskys and malamutes.

Standard poodles were the orginal and france bred them down to make the mini and toy. they are from russia and germany.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oodlesofpoodles
    [B]
    Pearlie Mae- she is twelve years old and is in liver failure.

I am so sorry to hear this. One of my poodles died from liver failure and for her it was very quick. Within a week we had lost her. {{{hugs}}} to you and Pearlie Mae.

Gannie Goo-Gannon's Erin of Wildefire is in a complete shave down no hair on head ears or tail. she looks like a apriot curly wiemer which theres no such thing. gannie is a standard.

My Ripley says: "That's how I looked when they shaved me down in the shelter and it was winter!" At least Gannie will feel as cool as she looks since it is so HOT out now (at least up here!)

My Riley- Gannon's sir Raliegh of Erin- is in the show clip. Its not as bad as everyone thinks and the top not is not pulled all that tight. and he seems to think he looks like top dog. I do show him and only need one major and he will be a champion. Riley is a standard.

Riley is GORGEOUS!!!! I have been grooming my dogs for 30 years although have never done anything fancier than the puppy clip. My hat goes off to you for the work that goes into a clip such as that! I have tremendous admiration for the skill that it takes to achieve such a look. Also the fur that I have seen on some poodles (my apricots were a little lacking in this area) just is not good enough to pull that off. Their fur was less woolly than all of my others by comparison. Three cheers for all the poodles of the world for being so patient in standing on the grooming table and submitting to the primping, done by us humans, like they do. Paws crossed for Riley's Championship!!!!