We started Marley on Baytril on Saturday for a small hot spot on his neck. He was on this medication once before.

Sunday night, he was sleeping on the sofa when he suddenly jumped up, became extremely frightened, and cowered under the dining room table, making very low, frightened noises. I've never heard these sounds come from a cat before and was afraid something was seriously wrong with him.

We couldn't even get near him as his fur would puff up and he would hiss at us. He remained scared the rest of the evening, and finally calmed down a bit by the next morning. My husband and I thought it could possibly be the meds, but we wanted to give him one more dose to be sure.

Last night (after his 3rd dose) he hissed at me while laying on our bed (he sleeps with us, and I leaned over to pet him in the night, as I often do.)

These behaviors are so completely uncharacteristic of our cat that I can't fathom what might be wrong. He is still eating, drinking, and visiting the litterbox normally.

I've got a call into the vet, but I am just wondering whether anyone has had a similar experience...

Thanks,
Becky