View Poll Results: How Often Do You Change Your Cats Litter Box?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daily

13 35.14%
  • Every Other Day

4 10.81%
  • Weekly

14 37.84%
  • Whenever I Have Time

6 16.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing Of The Litter

Changing Of The Litter

We change 9 boxes daily. They say to have one litter box per cat...but since ours have access to outdoors (via cat run) we feel these are adequate.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

we have two boxes...one for each cat. My husband completely cleans out the boxes and changes the litter weekly. Of course he scoops the stuff out daily.

We scoop our five litter boxes daily. We have one out in the cat enclosure that we scoop as needed.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I've heard that rule too, but we only have 2 boxes for 3 kittys and that seems to be plenty. They are the huge boxes, since both Lucky & Fluffy are both around 20 lbs each. I clean it out nightly and monthly we actually clean & disinfect the boxes (unless someone decides to dirty the box!) Plus I'm usually in there after "someone" uses the box to cover and spray.....P-U!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

We have 2 litter trays for big cats and two small ones for kitten. This is plenty as our cats also go outside.

We scoop Toby's litter daily, and we have litter that stays clean and lasts a while, so we do a full litter change close to monthly

I have 7 large litter boxes and 1 small one for 8 cats. I use a scoopable scented litter and scoop twice a day. Every week, I change all of the litter.

Of course, most of them would rather go outside in the pen---which I scoop once a week. But I still haven't been able to eliminate the odor outside. I've been using Arm & Hammer cat deodorizer, but it hasn't helped a lot.

Mary

Hubby scoops first thing when he gets home every morning.... and we do a complete dump every Friday!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I scoop daily but change the litter weekly.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

14 litter boxes......scooped twice daily. But I do not actually empty and change them as often as a lot of people do.

I have three boxes available for four cats. But, as soon as the fosters are let out into the house, they all use the one box. Four on one box!

Eh, what are ya gonna do?

Originally posted by ramanth
    I scoop daily but change the litter weekly.

Yup, us too!!

I have six boxes for six cats. Minnie's is 'private' , in her closet. I scoop daily but, I don't change the litter ANYWHERE near the frequency that you all do. I bet I don't change out the litter but maybe 3 times a year.....and, no, my house doesn't smell like a cat box....

Originally posted by Cataholic
    I have six boxes for six cats. Minnie's is 'private' , in her closet. I scoop daily but, I don't change the litter ANYWHERE near the frequency that you all do. I bet I don't change out the litter but maybe 3 times a year.....and, no, my house doesn't smell like a cat box....

I'm tellin' ya...it is the truth. I cannot believe how often you guys change your litter. You all must own stock in a dessert.

I think I will buy some extra litter tomorrow and change it all over. I will admit it is nicer when it is fresh. I always add more litter in....I just don't change it ALL out....