Thread: Luna licking her wound

Luna licking her wound

Today, Luna started licking her wound, which she isn't supposed to do. And she hates the fluid I have to spray on the scar, she even hissed at me today which she never does. But so far, she's more licking her (bloody) fur around the cut than the wound itself, so I think that's okay

Kirsten

Does the spray sting? Maybe that's why she's hissing! It's so natural for an animal to lick the wound to heal. If things get really bad maybe they could put one of those horrible collars on her. Better that than hurting the wound!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Hopefully she won't lick at it too much to cause infection...may need to get her the cone thingie to go around her head to keep her from licking at it.

I will not show this picture to Jack as he is still very upset that his Luna darling had to have surgery.

poor baby! get better soon sweet kitty.

Yes, I was already thinking about one of these collars, but I would hate to do that to her, besides, the wound doesn't look bad, seems she's more licking the area around the scar.

Lerah, Luna was very relieved to hear Jack won't see that picture! She was worried he wouldn't like her anymore with that ugly thing... But she wants him to know there's no need to worry anymore! She'll be alright and sends him headbumpies and purrs!

Kirsten

You know how mush a wound itches as it heals, no wonder poor Luna want to lick it. The collar might be a good idea. I had to have my Amanda (RB) in one of those for almost 2 months when she would not let her tail alone after surgery. She ripped the stitches out 3 times. NAW-TEE-KITTY