Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mud puppies!

Mud puppies!

Just about all of the snow has melted here, so now there's mud EVERYWHERE! My 2 GSD's got filthy today! So in exchange for the fun they had getting dirty, they had to have a bath. And while we were at it, Carl got one too!

So, how's the weather everywhere else? Today was beautiful, except for all the mud! It probably got up to about 55

[This message has been edited by Rottie (edited March 03, 2001).]

I'm in Illinois, too. Yes, the weather was beautiful today. The dogs got a nice LONG walk today and some fun time in the backyard which wasn't muddy!

Here in Florida we have been going to the beach for the last like 5 weeks. It has been about 80 everyday!!!! I wish it was snowing though!!

[This message has been edited by *BaSim* (edited March 03, 2001).]

It was really nice here! 40 above!!! Spring is coming. BaSim, I feel sorry for you having to go to the beach everyday for fun - you poor kid!!!

Rain and mud here in SC too. Honey hates to see the dreaded towel waiting everytime she comes through the door!
    Lilly is a bit "dainty" and prefers to run outside, do her business, and is back in a flash.
    Its supposed to get cold and start snowing by Monday. We rarely have that.....sure wish for the 70's we had Thursday and Friday.

Well, here in Massachusetts, the forecasters are all excited about the storm you folks have down south right now mixing with some good Canadian cold and creating "possibly the worst snowstorm in 35 years" for Sunday night through Tuesday - or maybe not. So those of you who have mud, enjoy - looks like we might not see bare ground for a while if this all transpires as it might!

Well the weather here in Fort Mill has been really bizarre, it snowed before Thanksgiving
    and it got up to 60 in January and yesterday it got to 73!! And its in SC! well we have enjoyed it much, Pokey has been for about 2 long walks a day when its mild or warm, which is most of the time. My science teacher says its because of global warming, but i think its also cuz of La Nin~a. Has it been iregularly warm anywhere else?

------------------
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***CATS WILL RULE THE WORLD SOMEDAY***

Weather not bad in Southern California, maybe 63 in the day and in the high 40s or low 50's at night. Tonight we are expecting rain and on through Mon, Tues and Wednesday.
    Perry and Daisy got to go for a ride today, they love that, then settle in.

Karen I just saw on the news that us folks up here in Massachussetts are getting 3-4 feet of snow and it's the biggest storm in 100 years! It's going to snow for 60 hours! That's gonna give me two snow days!!! I am so excited. Although I wish I could see the ground again, big storms are exciting!

Here in Connecticut we're suppost to get over two feet of snow! the storm is starting sunday afternoon and ending sometime Tuesday.

Daisy's mom I'm happy too because school is most likley to be canceled. Yeahhhh

I love snow days It's one of the best parts about living in Massachusetts: snow days! Everyone is saying that we might get two snow days in a row! That's never happened in my lifetime before. I am very excited. Hope you get some snow days!

You can have the snow. We had enough this winter to last me for a long time. Our yard is soggy but since the dogs haven't done any serious running, their feet haven't picked up much mud. Once we get out there and start ripping and running and chasing the kong, it is a real ordeal with the feet and legs (mud splatters) when they come back in. I take a plastic dish pan and fill it with a couple inches of warm water with just a touch of soap in it. Then each of the eight feet are dunked in one at a time, swished around, and toweled off. We call it a foot bath. Of course Hannah and Tucker are less than cooperative. First there is containing them before they figure out what is about to happen and dart off in all directions tracking mud everywhere. Then the foot bath process itself slops water on the kitchen floor. Water has to be changed after the first dog and then start on dog two. After the foot baths are done, it is necessary to clean up the floor. I admit there are days I don't have them do the running, just to avoid the hassle of the Foot Bath.

I've had the flu for about 4 days, so I didn't get out in the sunshine yesterday (but I did drag myself to the computer). Now today looks dreary and cold again. Drat the luck!

We are waiting for the storm right now too!! They said 12-20" could hit the Philadelphia area (I am 10 miles from Philly). Right now we have a snow/rain mess coming down. It's sticking only to the grass but will get more intense late tonight and tomorrow.

I had to do a little foot bath on Bella earlier. She got into some mud out back and her little footsies were covered. I filled the powder room sink with water and dipped each paw in one at a time, drying as I went along. She didn't mind at all.

Rachel it's funny how when we are sick we can always drag ourselves to the computer!

BaSim I am turning green with envy up here. Think we could trade places for a bit??

I just had to tell you all that school is already officaly closed for me and the storm hasn't even hit yet! This is very exciting! School has never been cancelled at night before. My friends and I are talking online and we are so hyper. Just had to share my great news with everyone! I don't mind snow at all!!!

Has been pretty nice here. In fact, Max & Annie just got their fur shaved off in preparation for the long hot summer.