Thread: Moving!

Moving!

Well, Sam and I spent the last week in Washington D.C. He had an interview there, and since we were thinking it was the best U.S. city for our careers, we wanted to check it out. Well, it looks like we'll be moving there in early July just after our wedding!

Sam was offered the job yesterday. It was his first application and first interview. Some people have all the luck!

It will probably take me longer to find work, but I'm so excited and happy about how quickly things have happened. This is the perfect job for him and I can't wait to get settled into a new city and new apartment.

Also, I'm leaving for Puerto Rico this Saturday to begin preparations for my wedding. It'll be a while before I return.

Moving! ~~ AGAIN!?? <eek>

Originally posted by Soledad
    ... Well, it looks like we'll be moving there in early July
    just after our wedding!

OMG!

Hang on, Boo!!

Hey Mom ~
    Ya tink ya kan get to da Distrikt --
    WiffOUT LOOZIN da KAT dis tyme!??

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Re: Moving! ~~ AGAIN!?? <eek>

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
    ... Hey Mom ~
    Ya tink ya kan get to da Distrikt --
    WiffOUT LOOZIN da KAT dis tyme!??

Wow, you move quickly!

With Sam in a job so quickly, he will be another 'ear to the ground' in finding a job for you - but not too soon, you need to be housemum to Boo for a while

Good luck with this lot of relocations, and hope you have the most gorgeous and fun day for your wedding
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Great news!!! I wish you and Sam a very happy wedding and a great move to D.C.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Ohhhhhhhh poor Boo! First that LONG move. Then, while you are still settling down, your mommy goes to Washington DC for a week! Now your mommy's going to Puerto Rico and leaving you in the strange Minnesota. Then your mommy's getting married! My oh my, what a BIG change for little Boo. So what are you going to wear to the wedding explorer kitty kat? I think you'd look quite handsome in a tuxedo and tie. LOL

After ALL THAT, you have to move AGAIN from Minnesota to Washington DC! ANOTHER big move! (Well not AS big) Are you going to DC by car or plane? Don't tell me poor Boo's going to go on an airplane again! Gosh Boo! You need the greatest kitty traveller award! LOL

Good luck Soledad and let us know how things go, and how Boo reacts to all that change!

D.C 's gotta beat Minnesota winters any day! and its close enough for a visit
    Good luck with the move and have a great wedding, too.

Soledad...how long will you be in PR? Until the wedding? Good luck with all the major events!

Soledad, have fun doing all this. Don't take it too hard. I am sure, Boo will be in good hands. Good luck! We'd like pictures from the wedding

Good luck with the wedding and the move. I live in Baltimore and am familar with DC and I think that you will love it. as Jen mentioned, the winters beat the heck out of Minnesota!!

Thanks, guys!

I'm leaving for Puerto Rico this Saturday and return to Minnesota on July 5th. Seeing as I nearly had small seizures over missing Boo while in DC, I don't know how I'm going to cope with three weeks.

But the neighbor boy (very responsible I'm told and an animal lover) is going to stay at the house and care for Wylie and the Boo. Actually, Wylie and Boo are getting along great. I leave them alone all the time now. I just make sure to keep a contraption up against my bedroom door so that Boo can be there without Wylie if something should come up.

When I come back from the wedding, my parents and I are going to truck it over to DC by car with all of our wedding presents and furniture. I'm sure Boo will cope, he's so resilient. It makes me sad to have to do this to him again, but I know he's strong enough to handle it.

11. Soledad,

Washington DC/Baltimore! -- one of the few U.S. cities to which I would voluntarily relocate (BTW...Minneapolis is one of the others!) My brother and his family live in Maryland right outside of DC (he works in DC) and there is always so much to do! The countryside is gorgeous. And just think...how close you will be to GW and friends.... And don't forget the "real world" outside the beltway!

Felicidades en tu boda!

Soledad
    I was wondering where you were!

good luck with everything, sure sounds like you have ALOT going on in your life right now! you might want to get Boo some feliway, to keep him calm during all the moving etc( I was just telling someone else this yesterday, lol you'd think I owned the company or something LOL)