Thread: Siamese.org

Siamese.org

I was at a local used bookstore, and was looking at the bulletin board, I found a poster for the most wonderful organization, siamese.org. Frankie didn't come from this organization, he was a stray, but he is backing this organization with all four paws.Please check it out, and help it if you can, I am. Thanks...
    Purrsonally yours,

Mesiecat

ooops...meant siameserescue.org

I just posted a liml, and mispoke, it is siameserescue.org.
    Purrsonally yours,

Mesiecat

That's who I'm a Foster Mom with!

I think it's wonderful too. They get these cats out of the 'kill' shelters and into safety!

I've had 5 fosters now. We take real good care of them, lots of Vetting etc. You really get your moneys worth, because these cats are not sick, like most from the shelters, including my two boys.

They transport your Meezer to you too!

If any one has ideas about fostering, this is the way to go! They make it easy for you. It's just following their directions.
    The adopters are carefully screened, so no worries there either.

It's great having fosters and saving kitty lives!

That's great

I think it is great to be a foster, but don't you get attached to all your foster children? I don't think I could do that, I would end up with a whole house of cats, and break every law, we have, on the number of pets one may have. I have a siamese-mix, and I recently applied for a position with a firm that has 2 siamese "office" cats.
    Purrsonally yours,

Mesiecat

Surprisingly, I am able to let my fosters go on to their forever homes. It hard, but if you think of your foster space, as an opening, that another might be saved, if you let this one go, it helps.
    Right now we have sweet little Bella, my husband, of all people, has mentioned the 'keeper' word. twice.

But, I reason, that if we keep a female, (we have two resident males) it will make all the future foster introductions that much harder.

Anyways, there's many ways you can help, if not fostering.

Meezer Express, volunteering, pinning up posters, like you saw. (The TN folks are delighted you saw their sign, I told them about it on the Foster board)they feel the word is getting out and their efforts are paying off.

Also, there's financial donations, buy something from the on line store, wishlist, candle lignt remembrance for your RB kitties. etc.

It' all good. Good for Meezers!

siamese.org

I went to the website, and sent them an email, telling them I had seen the poster. I also asked for info about the organization. I am interested in setting up a monthly contribution, sometime in the near future.
    Purrsonally yours,

Mesiecat

Yay!

All the Meezers are singing!

I love www.siameserescue.org too!
    Look Rose, my favorite Tipper is still available!(I love those toes!)

Welcome to Pet Talk Mesiecat!
    I have been busy this week so I guess I missed you when you first joined. I love black and white cats (I have one of my own, Samantha) and Meezers too!
    I think I came across photos of your two cats somewhere on Pet Talk(one looks like Tucker right?) You have two handsome boys just like Rose!
    Now I see your cat Frankie's photo is right here in this thread, he is handsome!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

siamese.org

Thanks for welcoming me, the siamese pictured is gorgeous, my siamese-mix is my first experience with such intelligent, mischievious, almost child-like cats, and I love him. Mac is such a cat. He sleeps, eats, wants his belly rubbed, and that is pretty much it, Frankie follows me around the house, talks non-stop, gets into EVERYTHING, right now he is eating the silk plant arrangement.
    Purrsonally yours,

Mesiecat

I was at siameserescue.org and I found a siamese who weighs more than my Frankie. Frankie tips the scales at 16lbs, and Simon tips the scales at 19lbs. Isn't he adorable??? I want them all...

Purrsonally yours,

Mesiecat

Makes his probably normal sized legs look small!

I too am most fond of black & whites and Meezers.

Your Frankie is the perfect Snowshoe combination of both!

Yes, Vemontcat, I love that Tipper too! I get giddy when I see those toes!

I love my Meezer Girl!

Yay Meezers! All I hope is that, by the time I am ready to foster, that there will be an Australian chapter of siameserescue.org. I have heard it mentioned on Harry's Practice (cute Australian vet show), but haven't found any Aussie sites.

Heck, maybe I can be the first Aussie siameserescue.org chapter

Pixel is just adorable ... she's my Meezer girl allright, she talks the Meezer talk, and is soooooooo cuddly!

Here's my Meezer Girl ... again!:

She's got cute paws too!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I love her! She looks so sweet!