Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your dog afraid of?

What Tiffany is afraid of

Oh!! today I have found something else Tiff is afraid of. While we were in the car, on the Freeway,I had her window open (she is in the back seat) and she could just get her head out..............Motor-bikes ! ! ! !
    Wow, she barked and whined........and came forward enough to put her big paw on my shoulder,,,,,,,,,and licked me tooooooo much!! So, I pulled over, and she was shaking. So, I got one of her fluffy toys out of the boot to occupy her. I closed the window and put the air on, but each time a motor-bike went by, I could hear her teeth crash on the window. ( is it fear? or hatred of the noise?)
    Love Mich.
    Mich

I know this may sound bizarre, but my yellow lab ceebers is afraid of his doggy BRUSH!! I have had him for 8 months now and I've only been able to brush him ONCE, and he barked like crazy!!!!

Anyone else have this problem???

mpoier

Oh!, not unless someone before you had hurt him with one? Have you had him from a babe? Or did you get him from someone else? I rescued a poodle once, and he would sit and show his teeth and growl at my hubby's steel cap boots. When I got him sterilised, the Vet told me he had a lot of damage done to him similar to being kicked. Regards Mich.
    Mich

I got him when he was just a puppy, and I am concerned that maybe something happened that he associates the brush with? He has been thoroughly checked by the vet, she found nothing that would indicate abuse.

I have been working with him though, using lots of treats and stuff and I even let him play with the brush to know he is the "dominate" one between the two.

We'll see how it goes!

mpoier

You sound like a very caring person. I wish you all the best with your dog. What a good idea letting your dog play with the brush....at least pup will know it can't harm him.
    Mich

Leika is scared of everything! the hair dryer, the vacuum, balloons, bags, the grass cutter, and loud noises.
    Puppies are a bundle of joy, dogs, are life's happiness.

I have 5 dogs. and Rosie is the biggest baby, shes soo afraid of water and leashes. Next is Pappy, he's afraid of squeky toys. lol. The rest I dont think, or havent seen much of a fear of anything.

FLIES! ok, now i've seen everything. It's been pretty warm here. Its also the desert. So we all have swamp coolers (air conditioners that run on recycled cold water, pretty efficient, not huge wasters of water, but i digress). anyway, the swamp cooler works better if a window is open. so if its really hot i open the window in the room I'm in. Long story short a BIG fly came in a few days back (or several). During the day its not a problem, at night owen freaks! its so funny. once the lights are off if the fly goes by forget it. owen stares in to space like he's on drugs, for a few minutes then whines, jumps off the bed and gets in his kennel for safety. I just killed the big ole mean fly, so hopefully tonight will be peaceful. My big brave boy. protector of the universe. afraid of flies.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Tikeya is affraid of our cat Fuzzy, thunder, bikes, and moving cars.

Oscar is affraid of umm... nothing that I can think of lol.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

my cocker jesse, is only afraid of the groomers. she hates getting baths and clipped. we have to have only chain leashs because she chews through the cloth, nylon whatever ones and we would have to buy another one right after. the groomers are kind enough to super glue the leash back together though.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Windsor is scared of loud noises and boxes...Cally is scared of nothing.

pep is afraid of this garden thing my mom has, it digs up dirt or something, lol. honey is afraid of really loud noises
    Stephanie, Honey, and Pepper

Thank you for the wonderful sig kfamr!

All of my dogs have been afraid of thunder and loud noises like firecrackers. My cockerspaniel, Ben, used to be afraid of cats -- would cross the street to avoid one -- until he got to know my friend's cats; later in life he lived with four different cats, quite happily. My current dog, Henry, is afraid of stairwells. I can never take the stairs in an apartment building with him, always have to take the elevator.

Henry the Harrier Hound Says
    " Resistance is Futile "

14. My Pug Quincy is afraid of sprinklers and the garden house. He will not og near them when they are on, even though he loves baths and playing in pools of water. And he is always on the lookout for people trying to "get after his humans" so whenever he sees the slightest unusaul thing outside he growls and starts barking! He's such a little watch dog hahaha

cocker lover

If your dog is afraid of the groomers, then, my friend, you have some serious issues you should talk over with them. All groomers should have the greatest patience with dogs.....golly that is why we take our pets to them, as they are supposed to be fully trained in that field.

I changed my groomer once as I didn't like the way she handled my dog. There are plenty around, just go look and find a better one that won't scare the life out of your dog.
    Mich