Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Thread: Who is able to help Naomi? (Nomilyn)

Bassett FREAKED out on me :(

After I got Bassett's bandages changed tonight, she started twitching and acting strange, and I thought that maybe on of the bandages were hurting her. So, I took them all off. It turns out she was just having some kind of panic attack. She went nuts, yowling, scratching and biting at me, panting and sweating on her paws I was totally scared and freaked out by this. I locked her in the bathroom, and waiting until she calmed down (about half an hour I guess) and then went in there with her. I took her cone off and scratched all around her head, and let her clean herself a bit (but not letting her lick the scabs) because she hasn't been able to wash her face and paws for a while now. Eventually she started purring and calmed down enough to let me put more bandages on her, but I've never seen her like that. I guess it's a good thing that she's fighting but I hate to see her in such distress. As soon as I got her cone back on, she was growling and hissing at me again. I KNOW that is what is stressing her out so bad. I'm wondering about getting some bitter spray to put all over the bandages, and leaving the cone off? However, I kind of get the feeling that she is determined enough that she would suffer through the taste and bite her bandages anyway.

I'm so upset about this. I hate to see her like this - hasn't she been through enough???? I'm also afraid she will start up her behavioural problems again, like peeing everywhere. The last time she was this mad, she peed on every pile of clothes and in every box/laundry basket she could climb into. This isn't fair.. her surgery was supposed to put an END to all her stress, not start up some new ones for her Poor baby

This reminds me of human behavior after surgery: first you feel physically bad and concentrate on just feeling better. You are glad it's over and went well. As the physical recovery advances your soul understand what happened and is afraid of everything that could have happened -your soul simply isn't synchronized with your body. For humans there is rehabilitation then - but for a kitty it is more difficult.

I think it is good if you give her daily some quality time without the bandages and the cone. Poor little Bassett -after such an ordeal the way to complete recovery is a tough one

And poor Naomi: I am sure that being the purrfect cat mom is sometimes quite tough for you too. {{{{Hugs}}}} for both of you.

Yukky meds and stuf

Hi Bassett,

Itz your friend Pixel here. Im sik at the moment too, and my Meowmie iz giving me lotz of yukky medisines! But, I gotta get beter so I dont feel yukky any more. Dont worry, it will all be over soon and you wil feel heaps better.

Love

Pixel

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Originally posted by Barbara
    I think it is good if you give her daily some quality time without the bandages and the cone.
    I think this is an excellent idea! Of course, if you don't change the bandages everyday that part might not work, but when you do change them, if you can leave her with them off for a short time - like 1/2 hour or so - that might make her feel all that much better and able to cope once the bandages and cone come back.

Poor Bassett and poor you. It is a good thing that she's fighting which means she's feeling better, but if the two of you can just endure for a short time yet, it should all be over soon.

{{{Hugs}}} to you and skritchies for Bassett. And hang in there....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm about to attempt another bangaging. I will give her some cone free time first, so she can give her face a wash and stuff. I know I would feel gross if I couldn't bathe regularly!

I'll let you know how it goes later on

She was a VERY good girl tonight She let me wrap her up nicely

Oh you poor darling Bassett! Any idea how much longer she will need to be bandaged??? I am sure she will feel a bit better if she has some grooming time with her bandages off as often as you can manage - poor kitties just hate to be dirty - it upsets them so much!

Big hugs for both of you - I really hope things will soon be back to normal - you have both been through so much.

Sending special prayers that this will all be behind you very soon!

Best wishes,

Julie

(Ally sends extra-special Kitten Kisses to you both)

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.