Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I cant believe it.

I cant believe it.

I have the worst allergies right now, and guess what is causing it!! My hamsters and gerbils bedding!!!. I cant beleive it, I hade to take them all out of my room and place then down stairs.

I have to goto the doctors and get a allergy test that mean they have to stick tons of lil needles into me and see what I react to. . I am so scared, I dont want to get rid of my pets. . . I need reasurence.
    has anyone eles had this happen befor?
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

It happened to my little cousin..ever since she had her adnoids(sp?) removed she has NOT sneezed once because of her cat...maybe you should consider that?

Misty loves you! Do you love misty?Awww, look at that cute face! Who can resist?

adnoids removed? what is a adnoid?

I had to get those needles before. I reacted to like half the stuff they did on me. I was only 7 or 8 though... I suppose it doesn't hurt that much. I've gotten worse at handling pain though. If only you were there today when I got my stitches removed...I was squirming and begging him to go nice and slow with them.

I'm allergic to Perrie too. I once got a big bump on my lip (wasn't a zit or anything...I forgot what it was) because I was kissing him all the time. But Perrie's cage is still in my room. I take Zyrtec for my allergies, Advair and Singular for my wheezing, Nasacourt for stuffy nose, and something else for my eyes. My point is, I took medicine, and it helps me.

Don't worry about it! Think about the bright side, at least you will know what you are allergic to and you will be treated for it.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I take Zyrtec for my allergies, Advair and Singular for my wheezing, Nasacourt for stuffy nose, and something else for my eyes. My point is, I took medicine, and it helps me.
    I cant take any allergy meds because I am on zoloft (sp?) and that can give me an overdose if i take a antihistimene (sp?) . i hope I wont have to find a new home for all my babies.

BUMP I really need more replys, this is like seriouse.

I know you're anxious. Hopefully the doctor will have suggestions. If its the bedding, try other bedding. Different materials. Do some research...

Remember the episode of the Brady Bunch where Jan became allergic to the dog? in the end it was just his shampoo.

Try not to be too upset. There are lots of experiments to be done before you give up your babies.

edit: a quick search found this: It is important to avoid cedar bedding or highly aromatic shavings as some studies have shown that the oil in this type of bedding can cause allergies and respiratory problems.

http://www.oxbowhay.com/gal_hamster.htm

good luck!!!!!

-babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Hopefully it's not the animals you are allergic to, but the bedding material. That can be changed; there are many alternative types that have not been treated with oils or chemcials. I know the thought of needles is scary. But, they are very, very tinyand you will barely feel but a prick! The important thing is you find out what it is you are allergic to. I too will be praying that you and your babies can stay together!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

PS. if it IS the bedding, try doing a search for "hypoallergenic bedding"
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

That's why many doctors don't recommend keeping pets in your bedroom if you suffer from any sort of allergies. That's awful. Is there any other room in the house you can keep them besides your bedroom? Hopefully everything will be alright and its only the bedding. Good luck!

I allready know that I am not allergick to the hamsters fur, it is the bedding and the dust in the bedding. EVEN unsented toilet paper beddin causes me allergies it is horrid. thanks for the replus. I am scared. I hate needles but I hope it will be worth finding out. . I am forced to keep them in my tv room for now. That mean 5 pet cages in a tv room in reach of Tikeya if someone leaves the door open by accident . please prey that everything goes well, the rodents are onlky really safe in my room from tikeya. . .

I took harsh precautions to this. I took off the door handle to the TV room where the rodent are staying, I hope noone breaks in a leaves the door open .

My mom is allergic to cat dander, and we have a cat..As long as she keeps her brushed and the house clean shes fine..so I'm sure there is something you can do as well..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I hope so ...

Don't worry about the allergies, it's probably just the apsen you got But needles?!?!!? I HATE needles...but then everone here knows that

Maybe you should just get rid of the aspen....and skip the needles....

Good luck!
    I've been BOO'd!

I have tryed every kind of bedding availible here.. I dont no what to do....