Thread: Rats Shaking?

Rats Shaking?

Noah is shaking when hold him?

He's not sneezing and he's letting me hold him and he's sleeping on me, which he does occasionally, but not for this long.

What could be wrong?! Please help!

Where is he shaking? His body? Or his face? When their faces shake, it's because they are bruxing..It is when they rub their teeth together and their lower jawbone presses on the backs of their eyes, making them pop in and out, and making their faces jiggle. But if that's not it,and it's his body, then I'm not sure what it means I'm going to the vet today, I'll ask for you
    I've been BOO'd!

His body. Thank you soooooooooo much for asking.

Is it hard jolts? Does it make a weird noise when it jolts? If "yes", then that is normal. My rats do that all the time. I am not sure why the do it, I have tried to look on the internet, but I haven't found any information. I think it's because they're happy, but I could br wrong.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    Is it hard jolts? Does it make a weird noise when it jolts? If "yes", then that is normal. My rats do that all the time. I am not sure why the do it, I have tried to look on the internet, but I haven't found any information. I think it's because they're happy, but I could br wrong.

That doesn't sound normal to me.......
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

YLL, my rats jolt sometimes too. I tried looking it up as well, and couldn't find anything Just a few hard jolts, it lasts a minute, and then leaves. Not sure why, I talked to a vet about that a while back, he had no clue what it was...

I asked the vet for ILBF, he said that it's hard for him to know if something is wrong unless he can check the rat out for himself, but he said it could be caused from stress/ anxiety, being scared, cold, or it could possibly be a symptom of an illness..

Good luck
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    YLL, my rats jolt sometimes too. I tried looking it up as well, and couldn't find anything Just a few hard jolts, it lasts a minute, and then leaves. Not sure why, I talked to a vet about that a while back, he had no clue what it was...
    When Nugget & Sweet Pea were at the vet, they did that on the exam table, and I asked her why they do that, and Dr. Roussel said it was nothing to worry about.

They make little chuckling noises when they jump/jolt...whatever you want to call it. I noticed they do the "jolting" a lot when they are getting treats, so I think it is because they are happy.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover

They make little chuckling noises when they jump/jolt...whatever you want to call it. I noticed they do the "jolting" a lot when they are getting treats, so I think it is because they are happy.

Ok that sounds a little better to me. You put it in words that I can understand I still do not believe that his rat shaking/trembling is normal though and he should probably take his rat to the vet.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.