Thread: my cat hates me..

my cat hates me..

My cat hates me. We have 4 of them and 3 love us and the other one hates us. wont have anything to do with us.
    he will cuddle and sleep with the dogs but wont go anywhere near us. he used to cuddle lots but now.. nothing... i am so upset..

How old is this kitty?? Sometimes younger cats can be soooo affectionate but then as they grow older they become more aloof and really want to stick to themselves. Not much you can do about it. Was this kitty the last to come into your household or the first??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

he will be 3 in sept.
    he was the third to come to the house.

oh that is sad, maybe in time he will come right, just be patient.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Corkscrew kind of hates me too. The only time he's friendly is when he's sick or if I'm sick I think he feels sorry for me because he'll lie down next to me. When I take him to the vet and they ask if he's acting and differently they laugh when I say "he hasn't bitten me in days and he lets me pet him so something must be wrong!"
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Milly was so friendly in the shelter but as soon as she felt secure with us, she developed a Tortie attitude.

These days we must catch her asleep to deliver a quick kiss, or sleepy to give her a chin rub. When she is fully awake, she normally ignores us. But if she decides to jump on my knee, my heart lightens as 'I am worthy' of affection.

It is hard when a cat seems aloof but they are all unique and as long as the cat is happy, all is well.

That is sad :(

Gosh, that must be really hard! With these things, you just need to give it time. Mum's cat, Milo, was really affectionate as a kitten. After a few distressing things happened, such as a few moves close together, she became withdrawn from us and took to hissing and spitting all the time. She also stopped taking fastidious care of herself. It took her over a year to settle down, and she is back to her old self, jumping on laps, sleeping on beds next to her humans and drooling all over them

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

My cats go through phases. They take turns being the alpha, being the affectionate one, being the brat, etc... Their personality changes last months at a time sometimes. Sometimes they will cuddle with eachother and be buddies for months, other times they'll totally ignore and/or fight for months. I have no idea why!

Re: my cat hates me..

Originally posted by redruby
    My cat hates me. We have 4 of them and 3 love us and the other one hates us. wont have anything to do with us.
    he will cuddle and sleep with the dogs but wont go anywhere near us. he used to cuddle lots but now.. nothing... i am so upset..
    If he's not attcking you or the other cats, why worry? He knows you love him, and he may decide to be snugglier later. He's a grown-up now, and may have decided to be more exclusive in his affection!

well... he does beat up the baby.. sometimes and the psycho one. but only sometimes.