Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got you....UPDATE

Got you....UPDATE

Oh No.. There is a third kitten. That we haven't caught yet.

I went back just to nosy and found another black kitten.

We couldn't catch her, she hid too well, so we are going back in an hour to try again.

If we catch her, we'll have to hold the kitten at least overnight, shelter is closed until 11am tomorrow.

What do we feed a 6 week ish kitten, if we catch it. (lady said at the shelter 6 to 7 weeks) Does this kitten need to feed off mum or will it be alright with soft food & water.

Ahh. My arms are hurting with all the stratches from the brambles, we are going to order takeway & a glass of wine, hopefully after we catch the third kitten.

I feel so bad for her, we have taken her siblings and mum away, though her dad (big fat tom) is still around. We'll catch him later and get him netured.

If the kittens are 6-7 weeks of age they can be fed kitten food, either canned or dry (we usually soften with a bit of water). Good luck in capturing this poor baby!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I hope you catch that third kitten soon. Keep us posted please.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Can't find her.

I'm going back after tea (I've not eaten today and I am so tired & my arms hurt.)

I'm starting to think we'll never find this one again.

May I have a big PT prayer to help us find & capture Houdini kitten (Named because she just vanished into thin air before our eyes.)

Silly kitty, don't you want to be with your mum & siblings

OK. You got it. Really, really really big prayers coming to you for capture of little Houdini. Don't worry little one, we only want you to be safe....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Bad News, we still can't find her.

I am so angry, they were so certain. Oh yeah there was 4 kittens but two died !?! Stupid people. They even suggested that next doors 15 year old cat could feed the missing kitten.....no.

If we had known another kitten was out there, we wouldn't have took mum away.

More prayers please, it's getting dark, so she's probually(hopefully) holed up somewhere for the night.

We'll go back in the morning but sadly I don't think we're going to find her. Poor Kitty.

So the day has a complete mess, we shouldn't have picked up any cats....hindsight eh.

Be sure and set some food & water out in the location you saw the kitten. Since it doesn't have it's mom at least it would have some food and water! Don't give up, it will come around when hungry enough. Just keep suppling the food so it knows it's there. Feed in the same location everytime. Good luck to you and the kitten!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

The people whose house it is said they'll feed it & call us if it returns.

There is no point in free feeding as they're are too many other cats (including neighbours cats) which will eat it.

But I just have no idea where it went. One minute she was running from me to Steve about 2 metres off though the brambles and she just vanished while we watched her.

I am just worried that she won't survive the night without her mum & siblings.

But I am going around tomorrow, just in case.

Oh poor kitty - and what a day for you! Please keep looking! I really hope you'll find her!!

Best of luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Cats are survivors..as long as it has access to food/water/and shelter it should survive! Make sure the kitten is able to eat the food your neighbors are feeding...in other words...kitten food so it's not too large for it to chew etc.

I can understand your fear. This happened to us on a trapping at the park, we got all but one kitten. We stayed there for hours until we finally caught it.

Kittens can be tough little creatures. My ex and I lived on a farm and he brought home a tiny kitten, planning to raise her as a barn cat. The little thing ran off into the cornfield behind the house and disappeared. I arrived home and tried to find her--no luck. A couple days later I heard a mewing from a big bush near the house, and we managed to extract a very scared kitten. I brought her inside and fed her and told the ex to forget about the barn cat idea, and my Keke girl was my best friend for 13 years.

Thanks Randi, K & L, CatsinDenver

I am hoping that me & Steve can catch her tomorrow.

Sorry that I am just catching up with this now. Do not beat yourself up for not knowing about the third kitten. You still did the right thing. Had you waited, maybe none would be safe right now. With a bit of persistance, you will catch little Houdini.

you will catch little Houdini.
    Jen, I hope you are right.