Thread: Feeding A Pug

1. Feeding A Pug

I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD, 30 POUND PUG! I FEED HIM TWO MEALS A DAY BUT HOW MUCH PER MEAL? HOW MUCH DRY FOOD AND HOW MUCH WET FOOD...I WOULD APPERICATE PUG OWNERS OR OTHER PUG LIKE DOG OWNERS RESPONES. THANKYOU

Consult your vet.

yes..consult your vet. Ask for your vet's advice. Even though I don't have a pug or pug like dog..I watched a pugx recently. She had food out for her all day..though I don't like doing that because I like to monitor my dog's intake of food. 30 pounds sounds a bit heavy for a pug. I could be wrong though because there are different dogs everywhere..and your pug may be perfect weight for his unique body. Anywho..consult your vet about feeding and if he is overweight, ask your vet for advice on that too! If he is a bit overweight, I heard of a technique used to get your dog to lose a bit of weight. Generally, you replace a small amount of their regular food with green beans. Or actually..anything low calorie that is good for your dog. That way, they get some of their regular food with the nutrients but the green beans just take a few calories away and still keep them full.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

4. he is big for his breed the vet even said. not over weight... kidding

I have a pug, and his name is Otis. He is only about 15 pounds... talk to your vet, and put you pug on a diet. I only feed Otis a cup of dog food a day. You could try feeding your put 1/2 a cup in the morning, and 1/2 in the evening, and try to exercise your pug a lot. Good Luck!
    WELCOME TO PET TALK!

I just thought of something...until you do get to the vets, there is a general rule of thumb...start off with an estimated amount that you think your dog will eat. If he eats it all and still looks hungry add more (within reason), if he doesn't finish it..you know how much to put in next time.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]