Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: NM Pet Talk Meeting

Honestly?

Well, I feel horrible for saying this, but I think I'd leave him home.

Reason number one is that I can't find confirmation on doggies being permitted. I *KNOW* they were on the grounds last time --so they MUST be-- but like I said, they are not allowed inside the show arena. And the "big" show is after dark... I wouldn't feel 'right' with leaving you guys at the hotel and I def. wouldn't feel safe leaving you guys outside the show-building after dark...even if it is well lit and with security.

Another thought to consider, has Reece man ever met a horse? Will he be spooked by them?

On the other hand...
    I would LOVE to meet Reece and he'll most certainly be welcome if you bring him...please don't think otherwise! We can accomodate him/you!!

Lauuuuuuuuuurie You're making me cry

Reece sends his love.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

A couple of general comments that I just remembered:

There is a charge to get onto the fair grounds...it's $4-5 per car...if we load up, we can save money! lol

You'll have to purchase tickets to see the shows. I can't remember how much they are... I think an all day pass was approx. $15.00. I'm trying to find out the info/itinerary but no luck so far.

There is not a charge to get into the vendor booths/tents.

The cat show is held on the same grounds, just a separate building and again, there's a charge (I think it was $3.00).

I'm looking forward to this!

Originally posted by zippy-kat

Another thought to consider, has Reece man ever met a horse? Will he be spooked by them?

He's not spooked by anything really. He just likes to hang out with people and be held and pet. He's one of the most easy-going beings I've ever seen. He could probably sleep through a tornado

I think for the other reason you mentioned, I may not bring him. If I can find something documented that he'd be allowed everywhere, I'll bring him.

I was REALLY wanting you guys to meet my boy But .. I have to do what's best for him and I can't leave him in a hotel room or anywhere else that I'm uncertain of.

Maybe it will work out. If not, he'll go get spoiled by "grandma" (She hates it when I call her that )
    Alyson

Hi Tonya,

I didn't want to PM or email or message you on AIM because I don't want to bother you right now. I hope you are doing okay I just wanted to tell you that my parents are freaking out about me driving so long. The trip to Albq would be 13 hours. It wouldn't be a problem except on Sunday when I'm driving back trying to get home in the dark. So they said they'd buy me a plane ticket. I wanted to check with you and see if you're okay driving to Albq alone since we were supposed to drive together. Or I could fly to Hobbs, but I didn't see an airport there.

Let me know what you think. I feel AWFUL changing plans like this, but my parents are flipping out on me and my mom thinks something bad will happen to me if I drive all that way alone.
    Alyson

Well, in light of everything that's happened to poor Zippy-Kat lately, I hope she can still make the meeting in Albuquerque - I'm really looking forward to meeting her in person! (Even though I feel like I know her pretty well already )

The Arabian Horse Association website has posted a tentative schedule for the U.S. Nationals here:US Nationals Tentative Schedule (PDF)

Only 2 more weeks! Can't wait to see all of you then!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

What time are you guys getting in Shari? I know you told me 100 times before, but I forgot.
    Alyson

Our train gets in at 4:08 PM, but then we have to call to have our rental car sent over - don't know how long that will take; the car is coming from the airport I guess.

Hey, check this out - at the cat show, they will be having the first trial runs of the new Cat Agility Tournament! Here's the flyer that explains it: Cat Agility Tournament (PDF)
    Last edited by All Creatures Great And Small; 10-09-2003 at 09:17 PM.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Awesome... that should be interesting!
    Alyson

cat agility how much more agile would anyone want my goodness, mine are made of rubber as it is I'm so envious of those of you who can make it. Sometime soon Aly & Zip... and all others "great & small"

It is with a heavy heart that I had to cancel my train reservations today, because I won't be able to make this meeting after all. Circumstances around here just aren't conducive anymore to taking this trip. There's been some family disagreement over Laura missing 3 days of school and struggling to make up all the homework, etc., and October is the height of the hunting season, so we were trying to find someone to care for all the livestock while my husband was also gone. (Laura also expressed her concern over my embarrassing her with my enthusiasm at meeting PT'ers, LOL)

Oh well, guess this will be an "all-Westerners" PT meeting - we'll have to try to make the Utah meeting next spring or something.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you guys can't make it. I know you were really looking forward to it. Hope everyone still goes and has a nice time. And hopefully you can make it to the Utah meeting next summer.

Well, looks like its just going to be me, Tonya, and babolaypo! We'll be sure to have enough fun for 15 people
    Alyson

Right now it looks like me and my friend Jack are going.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Ohhh cool Laura! I'm happy you can (probably) go!
    Alyson