Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: NM Pet Talk Meeting

Wow, that tram sounds great - I love going to the top of mountains, just not on foot (I'd need oxygen within the first 15 minutes, LOL).

I love horsies and I know YLL will want to visit all the vendors and stuff, so hanging out at the horse show all day and night sounds fun too. We're pretty flexible and very easily entertained

We'll be coming in around 3 in the afternoon on Friday, and we have to be back at the train station by noon on Sunday. We have to return the rental car to the airport, and then go from the airport to the train station somehow, so Sunday will be shot for us. But Friday night and Saturday are wide open for possibilities.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

I'm starting to rethink my desicion, so don't count me out yet.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

We hope you can make it!
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

A List of Dog Parks

And it looks like the catshow will be held there again!
    The Enchanted Cat Club Annual T.I.C.A. Cat Show, Saturday, October 25 from 9:30 – 5:00 and Sunday, October 26 from 9:00 – 4:00
    NM State Fairgrounds (Expo New Mexico), School Arts Building
    A.C.A.T. is pleased to announce that the Enchanted Cat Club once again has sponsored a space for us at the annual T.I.C.A. Cat Show. Visit A.C.A.T.’s booth to purchase terrific items from our gift table and see some of our foster cats up for adoption.

I just want to double check the dates for the meeting. It's the weekend of Oct 24-26 right?
    I've been Defrosted!

Dog parks:
    This one:

Tom Bolack Urban Forest Park
    2000 Dakota St. NE
    (off of San Pedro, East to Dakota)

is pretty close to the fair grounds, and is right of Lousiana. It's not pretty, but its the one I go to more. The triangle one has too many hierarchies and too many dogs, the Roosevelt one isn't fenced and is on COAL (one of the busiest streets in abq).
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Originally posted by babolaypo65
    the Roosevelt one isn't fenced and is on COAL (one of the busiest streets in abq).
    Now what kind of logic is that? A dog park with no fence.

Yes, the dates are the 24-26: Friday, Sat., Sun.

~bump~

Everyone ready?!

waaaaaaah waaaaaah waaAAAAAHHHHH WAAAAAAAHHHHHH sorry, just had to get that out

Laurie, you're not coming????????????????????????
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh Aly I wanted to tell you but it was sooo hard to actually write down. My financial situation is quite dire right now... property tax bill came a few weeks ago and it has more than doubled since last year. Over $3,500, and my 1984 pickup truck is about to go the that big garage in the sky. I've been on a Ramen Noodle & Kool-Aid diet since getting the bill. I was so looking forward to morning walks with Reece and babysitting for him while you went out to play now & then. Gini & I were even considering sharing a room to save $$ but even that's out now. Will try for the BestFriends Meeting next year, that's all I can think of for now. I'm soooo sorry to miss this one. Do me a favor and get Reece & Lolly some treats & tell them they are from Auntie Laurie.

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry I understand though You take care of yourself and I'm sure Reece, Lolly and I will see you again someday.

Boohoo What bad news.

Maybe we can take pictures and draw a stick figure in them and pretend its Laurie.
    Alyson

Heehee we can have Laurie send us a picture of herself then I can crop them into all the pictures from the NM meeting
    I've been Defrosted!

Ok guys - I need your input.

If I take Reece with me, I'll be the only person there with an animal. I really don't want to slow the group down. If we were planning on going out to dinner or anything, I really wouldn't want to leave Reece at the hotel alone.

If we're spending most of our time at the horse show, then I could probably bring him without bugging you guys too much. But if we're going out to the cat show or other places, then I might just leave him at home so I won't limit myself.

I could just exclude myself from the activities that don't allow dogs. But I wouldn't want anyone mad at me for doing that!

I'm in a pickle! Help! Should I bring him or not? I really won't be offended, so give your honest opinions!
    Alyson

DRAT! If I could just cross my arms and blink myself there all your worries would disapear. Reece & I could play games and stuff and I could read some of his favorite stories out loud to him while you & the gang do your thing..... Every time I see his little face at the end of your postings he makes me smile and I want to kiss his nose