Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penny's Medical Update - Good News!!!

Penny's Medical Update - Good News!!!

Took Penny Lane to the vets this morning to get her blood retested and see if she is healthy enough to have surgery.

GREAT NEWS

I just got a call from the vet - her blood tests all came back normal. Her protein levels are back to normal levels, her ammonia levels are back to normal and her blood sugar is fine. They are going to go ahead and spay her, clean her teeth up (they were pretty full of tartar) and remove her back dew claws.

They said her urine is a little cloudy - so they are going to do a couple more tests on it to see if she has any underlying medical conditions that could cause it, but with her blood work coming back better they think they can control it with medication. They are going to put her on IV fluids and a cathiter (sp?) and flush her all out.

I am soooo happy I just had to share with everyone!!! Again thanks to everyone for the support and good wishes!!! It helped a great deal.

What wondeful news. Don't worry Penny, it will be over before you know it and you'll be home with your Mommy. (hint....you should ask your Mommy for some extra treats.....)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Yea for Penny! She'll be feeling better in no time--
    Oreo and Molly

yay!!!!
    I knew you would be able to get those protein levels back up--she just needed some good food, and lots of lovin'
    Let us know how the sir jury goes, and everything else!!
    Kisses to sweet Penny Lane ---and Leo too, of course
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Excellent news!!! Yay for Penny Lane!!

Poor Penny Lane had complications

I just got back from picking Penny up from the Vets.

When they went in to spay her, they found a cystic mass the size of a grapefruit in her uterus and her ovaries had cysts on them as well That was what was causing her bladder control problems - that big cyst was pushing against her bladder causing her to want to urinate constantly!!!!

She also had two molars removed that were rotten and her back dew claws removed. She is now sporting a big cone on her head as her incision is pretty massive.

Here is a pic of my poor Penny Lane - I am going to try to get a little food into her so I can give her some pain meds. Doc says she'll feel a great deal better once she recoops from surgery.

This is one more reason to have your furbabies spayed/neutered before they are older like Penny. This would not have happened if she had been fixed when she was a pup.

AAAAWWWW poor baby! That picture just breaks my heart. I'm so glad they found the cause of her bladder problems! Penny, you'll feel better in a few days, I know, I've personally been there (minus the cone of course)!

clara4457,

So that was her problem. OMG, how miserable she must have
    felt with all that inside her. Poor Penny. I'll pray that she
    recovers completely & finally gets to feeling better soon. Now
    that she knows she's loved & cared for, I'm sure it will help her
    to heal. Bless her heart and bless you for being such a caring
    person. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Hugs from Liz & Smokey.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

AWWWWW poor puppy (I call all dogs puppy)
    Such a long face.

But that pic had brought so many memories back when Max was stabbed in the foot near the dew nail & he had both dew nail removed & had the same type bandages on both his hind legs, except Max's bandages were florecent orange!!

Hope Penny feels much better really soon. & hope she can walk on her own. Max couldn't walk for almost a week, & carring an 80 pound dog at my small build (age 14) wasn't easy, but I loved him so I carried him many blocks until he went & held him so he could pee & poop (& getting pee'd on is really gross, but warm)

Penny - glad you are OK now.

Love the fashionable cone .......
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Awww Penny,

Poor girl with the cone head But I am glad to hear that all went well with her surgery and she's doing good! Give her a big *SMOOCH* from me!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Bless your heart, Penny Lane. I'm so glad that those masses have been removed, and once you heal up, you will feel like a new girl! We'll keep you in our prayers and hope for rapid healing!

Poor Penny! I'm so sorry that you had complications, but at least now you have those nasty cysts out of you. After a few days you'll feel better than before, so hang in there, sweetheart!
    Oreo and Molly

Pretty Penny (even as a conehead), I am so glad that your problems have been found and you are on the mend!!! You will be feeling so much better now!!! So glad your Mommy takes good care of you. Now you are "Lucky Penny"!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Precious Penny, Carina and I send you many warm wishes for a quick recovery. You may be a bit down now, but later on you'll feel much better and enjoy the happy life you deserve.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..