View Poll Results: Should cats be outdoors 100% of the time?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

5 10.87%
  • No

34 73.91%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • Depends

8 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should cats be outdoors?

Re: reply

Originally posted by CoolBabe22
    i don't know how to say this but whos biz is it?
    Whos biz is it?? You are the one who asked the question! and you dont even want to tell us??? I agree in 100% INDOOR kitties and SPAY AND NEUTERING. Fixing your cat or any animal is the LEAST you can do for them...they live better that way. Also, if your 100% OUTDOOR cats arent spayed and neutered you are just adding to the over population with strays, cats in shelters, and being euthanized...

I have to say this coolbabe, you made it everyones business when u came on here, again the advice you have been given is good advice, i dont know if financially you can afford it, and i think you are quite young, but try hard and save a little to get those adorable cats fixed, its best for them and the community, too many starving, uncared for kitties around. ok.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

See this is what I hate .. people not taking responsability in controlling the pet population .. If her mom doesn't want the cats in the house she should neuter them, simple as that.

Re: Re: reply

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    Whos biz is it?? You are the one who asked the question! and you dont even want to tell us??? I agree in 100% INDOOR kitties and SPAY AND NEUTERING. Fixing your cat or any animal is the LEAST you can do for them...they live better that way. Also, if your 100% OUTDOOR cats arent spayed and neutered you are just adding to the over population with strays, cats in shelters, and being euthanized...
    Agreed.

Coolbabe, whether or not people neuter their pets is EVERYONE'S business as it is a SOCIAL problem. We, as the general human populace, have an implied social contract, or responsibility, to care for all animals, whether or not we own the animals. As a hypothetical example, if you knew that your next door neighbour was abusing their cat or dog, you would step in, right?

Whether or not your cats are happier outdoor is a moot point: if they are allowed to reproduce, then your parents are responsible for the creation of unwanted cats. Let's not beat around the bush here, Coolbabe, you say that you love cats, so you would be as disturbed about the idea of cats being put to sleep as the rest of us are. Especially cats that you became attached to when they were kittens.

It is not your fault that your Mum refuses to desex the cats, but Lord knows, I'm sure that you would be able to get help from a local shelter, animal welfare group or even your vet. Please, at least try!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

IttyBittyKitty,
    I don't think I could have said that any better even if I had spent two weeks penning the response.

How true. Animal overpopulation IS a social problem. It is OUR social problem. Not acting responsibly is morally reprehensible.