Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what kind of vacuum?

what kind of vacuum?

I was just wondering, what kind of vacuum all of you prefer? I have a hoover upright, wind tunnel. my mom has a bissel bagless, that Iam borrowing, its ok. I thought I would like a bagless but I think I prefer the old fashioned type after all, unless there are better bagless vacuums? this is on the cheap side so maybe that's why.
    I like the kind with a good assortment of attachements too. what kind do you use?
    Last edited by marysmerrycats; 05-30-2003 at 12:20 AM.

We have a Shark Vac bagless. It sucks!

That is such a timely question! There is a vacuum cleaner sale this week and we're going this afternoon to have a look.

We have an old Electrolux (I bought it when I left home, eeek 15 years ago) but I've been having really bad allergies, so we're going to look at a Dyson with the HEPA filter doo-dah. I'm getting a referral from my doctor tonight to see an allergist, but I have a funny feeling it's either dust mites or cat dander as I'm really sneezy and itchy at home, but better outside the house, so we might need a new one.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by The Cat Factory
    ...It sucks!
    LOL LOL Pardon the pun...

We have a Dirt Devil upright. It seems to work ok. I've really never done much research on vacuums...

I have a very old canister style Filter Queen. It's my grandma's old one, and she bought it in the 50s or 60s from a door-to-door vacuum salesperson. I got a powerhead for it a couple years ago (she never bought one because when she got it she only had linoleum) but it works really well. If I had the money I would update it with a brand new Filter Queen, but they are very expensive vacuums!

We have a Hoover Windtunnel, bagless. It works good for the most part. The belt broke and it didn't come with an extra! Ah, got a new one (belt) today!

Definitely Panasonic. We've gone through terrible headaches with every other company, and they are either ugly, or way to heavy, or don't clean good, or worst, die in less than a year! Panasonic is the only vacuum that lasts us for years and years with no problem. Its excellent, and after going through nightmares with all other vacuums, I consider Panasonic the best vacuum out there. Its just perfect, in looks, in performance, in weight, and in its features.

I have a Dyson - and it's wonderful. It's quite light to push and it WORKS! Great on pet hair too!!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

I haven't heard of some of these types, or brands, but then I have not looked at vacuums for a long time! I didn't know panasonic made one...

We have a Kenmore Progressive Bagless

We've had it about 1 1/2 and so far it's stood up to the hair test! It seems to work great and no problems (knock on wood).
    Here's a great thread we had on this last year Mary
    vacumn cleaners

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Pops, these Panasonics look all right! Thanks for the tip.

Panasonic Vaccuums

Dyson rock.

I love our Dyson, if we buy another, we'll buy a newer Dyson cleaner.

When I moved here I hoovered our new house with a borrowed hoover. Then I brought the Dyson and rehoovered the next day (just to try it out, also before we had cats), the amount of dust it picked up from the carpet made me sick.

They pick up cat hair great !!

I also have a Kenmore from Sears, but mine uses bags. It works great on all the dog hair, and it's fairly quiet.

I had a Dirt Devil last time, but after a year, it only *sucked* when you pulled it backwards! Imagine having to walk backwards around the whole house.
    Oreo and Molly

The one we have looks like this. I'm not sure if its the same model because they had several that looked like this but had different features, but it looks exactly like ours.

We've had it for 3 years now and its still like brand new. Our last Panasonic lasted us 9 or 10 years, and it never died. My mom just decided she wanted a new one. We got a Hoover in between and it died in less than a year. Then we got a Dirt Devil and is was so bad we retunred it almost immediately, so back to Panasonic!

15. We also have a Panasonic. I would go for the cheapest but my husband did all the research -- Consumer's Report, etc. and insisted on the Panasonic. SUPPOSEDLY, the suction is such that it will hold a bowling ball....(I haven't validated that....)

It does do a nice job -- especially compared to the cheapy I had before and has lasted 6 or 7 years and is still going strong!