Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 purebred boxers in need of a home

2 purebred boxers in need of a home

A friend of my brother has to get rid of her two boxers, as she is going threw a divorce and she has to move back in with her parents. Her parents say "absolutely no dogs" and she is not able to move out on her own. Very sad situation. Both dogs are young, the male is 3 (if I remember correctly) and the female is two years. They both have natural ears, but are intact. I advised her that she will need to get them steralized ASAP. She has bred them once.

They absolutely HAVE to be adopted together. They are very, very bonded.

They are very wonderfully sweet dogs, not a mean bone in their bodies, both are lap dogs (the female is a 60 pound lap dog and the male is a 70 pound lap dog) and they very happy dogs.

I offered to help and thought I'd get the ball rolling by posting on PT first. They are located in Grand Rapids, MI. If anyone is interested or knows of anyone who is interested please let me know. I will post pics when I get them. I emailed her and told her to send me some good, clear digital photos of them, so hopefully she has some.

I will also be contacting boxer rescue once I get more info/pics of the dogs.

Oh, how tempting!!
    I absolutely cannot take 2 more dogs though
    My husband really wants a boxer though.

What a very sad situation--another case of pets being affected by divorce--I would be so upset if I had to give up my dogs for any reason.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Such a sad situation. I hope they find new loving homes soon.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Just curious, why can't the husband keep them???
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

She got full custody of them, I didn't ask, but it sounds as if he would not have been a fitting home for the dogs. I will check my email when I get home from work and hopefully I'll have some pics to add to this thread.

Thanks

My Nana has a boxer that she adores! She keeps saying she wants more, but it's to hard for her. If she could take them she would! I hope they get a good home!

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

The poor pups. I hope they find a forever home together quickly. Thanks, Leslie, for stepping in to help them.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Hi I already have 2 boxers but they are real small...First i need to know if they are aggresive with other dogs cause i have 5 other dogs...second i need to know if they are ok with kids..There are 2 of them in the house...

I should be able to take them if both questions get the answers i want...If the answers to them are the wrong answers then i should be able to at least foster them...I live in indiana...Southern indiana...Is there any way that anyone can help with the transport if i do get them???? Thanks

P.S. hope to see the pics soon!
    Are they spayed...if not then do not get them spayed and nuetured..I do not plan to breed them but there is a place that comes to town every so often and it costs a little bit of notin to get them spayed and nuetured so i can do that on my own!!!

You can try Beth, she runs Mid-Michigan Boxer rescue. Her email addy is [email protected] She's always pretty full but it's worth a shot.
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

"You become forever responsible for what you have tamed"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Originally posted by NWS_Haven
    You can try Beth, she runs Mid-Michigan Boxer rescue. Her email addy is [email protected] She's always pretty full but it's worth a shot.
    Thank you! I sent Beth an email explaining the situation The owner didn't send me a bio or pics on the dogs yet, but hopefully she'll get to that today so I can get started on the rescue. I have so little info on the dogs sofar that I can't go forward with helping her yet. I don't know if they are kid friendly, cat friendly, protective or possessive, if they like other dogs becides each other, if they have any medical problems...etc. Hopefully I'll have that info emailed to me when I get home.

If she gets them altered and UTD on shots I can put them on my Petfinder website too. I'm only about 45 minutes north of GR. I'm a GSD rescue and out of room right now but I'd be happy to list them for her to help place them.
    Tracy

Northwest Shepherd Haven

"You become forever responsible for what you have tamed"
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Ok well im am realy interested...post the pics then u get them

Boxers

Oh my Gosh, the poor dogs! Boxers make such wonderful pets - my partner's parents have a Boxer and he is the most intelligent, expressive dog I've ever met.

Boxers are GREAT with children! They are very patient, and do love to play so they are good family dogs. They may look "scary," but they are, in fact, quite placid dogs.

I hope they find their forever homes real soon!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I just don't get it. Someone is in desperate need of getting rid of her dogs and all that I ask for is a bio on each dog with good and bad traits, and some pics, and do I get them??? Nope. Perhaps she was not serious about getting rid of them, or perhaps she's just not ready, but she has not written a bio yet or sent pics. Oh well, I tried

Thanks for the help and advice, everyone. IF she ever does send me more info on the dogs along with pics, I'll post them here, but I'm not holding my breath. I DID advise her to NEVER, ever put an add in the paper, so hopefully if she does not want me to help her, she'll find a good solution for the poor pups

Well let's hope she changes her mind

I mean, who could give up two beautiful dogs? She may have realised that she can't part with them!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.