Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Karen and Paul, when you started PetTalk,

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    I met Tikeyas_mom a couple months ago, and after that we have arranged sleepovers
    DITTO!!!

pluse I have formed alot of close friendships over pt, with Tina, Jordan, Ashley, and a few others . I cant wait to goto a realy pt metting and not just lame ones that me and jordan pretend to do lol. lmao . PET TALK ROCKS!!!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Thanks, Karen and Paul for creating such a great site and for all the great job you're doing with PetTalk

PT is one of the greatest things in my life!

I have met Kona and Oreo's mom in San Diego and Cats'nclay in Glendale

And after having had this wonderful special weekend I must agree with Vio: Pet Talk is so important for me

The first Pet Talker I ever met was Leslie (AdoreMyDogs) and her two wonderful pooches Graham and Kersey.

Andy and I then went camping in Ft. Wayne, IN and we met Mike, Molly, and their fabulous crew... (during happier times... wonderful memories )

Next up would be Donna (moosmom) and her kitty brood.

And I follow it up with many trips to Findlay, OH and meeting Pet Talkers from all over...

Remember.. those OH Pet Talk meet and greets don't just have OH members. People come from MI, IN, IL, WI, and have even come from TX and UT!!!!

(I'd never forget you WolfQ.... you are on that list, same as me. )
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by ramanth
    Remember..
    those OH Pet Talk meet and greets don't just have OH members.
    People come from MI, IN, IL, WI,
    and have even come from TX and UT!!!!
    OMG!

And don't furget the FLORIDA Gang!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

How could we ever forget that first PT meeting with Rachel, Sara, and Carl and Leslie's trip to Auntie's Rachel's and Graham's sleepover! Logan, you'll never know how TERRIFIED I was to meet you and Helen! I mean, I was so afraid you wouldn't have a good time! But what a blast we had! We even got to meet Karen too!!! She was as pretty and sweet and kind and funny and smart as I envisioned her! Since then, Karen AND Paul and myself have enjoyed an annual summer lunch reunion on the Cape! Karen, Paul, you're the best! Logan, I can't believe that through Pet Talk and that first meeting, I have made a friendship that is as deep and true as any I've ever known!! And though I've never met Rachel, Pam, Karen (K9) and Jackie, and KYS and Sue and Connie...and so many others, they know they can include themselves in that category...best friends!

Paul, correct me if I'm wrong, but I took your post to mean that you were disappointed that more people didn't post on the Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day, not that too few were posting on Pet Talk. You KNOW, from day one, that has been my mission! I might miss an upydate on Pet Talk, but I'm determined to never miss congratulating our very special honorees! Do you remember Paul, when I first came upon POTD, I emailed you to ask why so few posted on the Pet of the Day? There were pages of pets with no congrats!! I spent days trying to post on past honorees! Happily, that's no longer the case!

I still think a world wide convention of Pet Talkers should be organized...I'm thinking maybe...Hawaii??? Or Europe!! Or Australia!! Or Canada!! Or any place other than Massachusetts! I'd love to meet each and every one of you guys!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 09-26-2003 at 05:35 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

OH! A wordly PT meeting would be great! We're sort of working on that right now. At least a US one, anyway. I sure hope the Best Friends thing late next year works out. I've always wanted to go to Vegas and Best Friends! I'm already getting excited.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Sandra, I think Paul was talking about very few of the nominated pet’s owners reading or posting on pet talk. In a way it is sad that we never get to see any more pictures or get to know these pets.
    You have a wonderful way with words and I applaud you for taking the time to congratulate each and every pet of the day.
    Unfortunately my Internet time is very limited (not allowed to surf at work, company policy), besides it takes me longer to post since I try to be very careful with my spelling.
    I absolutely adore each and everyone’s beautiful pets.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Originally posted by Freckles

Any others?
    of course! I had numerous get-togethers with Niina !!

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by lut
    of course! I had numerous get-togethers with Niina !!
    And continue to have more

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
    OMG!

And don't furget the FLORIDA Gang!

I'm gonna crawl under a rock now....

I LOVED meeting Simba, Nala, and KayAnn. (curse my fool memory)
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

12. In more or less chronological order....I met Mugsy and her brood first. She lives in my husband's home town. I met Sue of Sudilar at an adoption event, Efrat at a cat show in Miwaukee, Debbie and I have gone to pet shows (including our respective SO's) as well as when she brought over Eddie, I spent a weekend with Amberlee, KrazyaboutKats, and Wolflady in San Francisco area, and of course....last week with Barbara, Randi, Jonza, and Vio in Munich.

What a social butterfly!

Originally posted by tatsxxx11

Paul, correct me if I'm wrong, but I took your post to mean that you were disappointed that more people didn't post on the Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day, not that too few were posting on Pet Talk. You KNOW, from day one, that has been my mission! I might miss an upydate on Pet Talk, but I'm determined to never miss congratulating our very special honorees! Do you remember Paul, when I first came upon POTD, I emailed you to ask why so few posted on the Pet of the Day? There were pages of pets with no congrats!! I spent days trying to post on past honorees! Happily, that's no longer the case!

It is EXACTLY that type of attitude that makes you such a wonderful contribution to PT, and why, day after day, I keep coming back.

Originally posted by auggie
    Sandra, I think Paul was talking about very few of the nominated pet’s owners reading or posting on pet talk. In a way it is sad that we never get to see any more pictures or get to know these pets.
    You have a wonderful way with words and I applaud you for taking the time to congratulate each and every pet of the day.
    Unfortunately my Internet time is very limited (not allowed to surf at work, company policy), besides it takes me longer to post since I try to be very careful with my spelling.
    I absolutely adore each and everyone’s beautiful pets.
    Don't worry about the spellen - I don't!!!!!!
    How are you doing? Hope to see you again sometime soon.

We take our spelling ease for granted, we who grew up speaking English as our native tongue! A spell-checker is a marvelous thing, I know people who type their posts in Word or some other program with a spell-checker and then paste them into the message box!

It has been fun each and every time we have gotten to meet Pet Talk folks, and I wish I could be at every Pet Talk gathering!