Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Karen and Paul, when you started PetTalk,

Karen and Paul, when you started PetTalk,

did you ever think there would be PetTalker get-togethers throughout the U.S. , and even the world?
    Of course, with the commom denominator of pets, what else?
    Last edited by Freckles; 05-27-2003 at 09:41 AM.

I certainly never though I would get togher with a group of people from the internet...under normal circumstance that would scare me, but with this group we have met some wonderful friends!

Me too! or me neither! pet talk is my first and only online forum. It's a great place.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Amen to that!

I am officially addicted to this forum! Thanks to Karen and Paul for creating such a wonderful place to hang out on the 'net without fear about net creepies and offensive material!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I may be incorrect, and correct me if I am, but I think the first Pet Talk meeting was when Logan went to Mass. and met Sandra and Karen.

Since then there have been several others ~
    1) Pet Talk Texas
    2) Karen & Paul met Jackie in San Diego
    3) Sasvermont, CookieBaker and VermontCat met in VT
    4) Pam and Christiansmommy got to meet SAS in PA last summer as Gabe made his way to Camp Vermont
    4) Pet Talk PA was just held recently
    5) Gini and Miss Meow have just met in Australia
    6) Amberlee and Wolflady, Noah's mommy and KAK have met in California
    7) The Ohio area PTers have just recently had meeting #4
    8) Aspen & Misty just met LoveMyShiba

(of course the PT kitties had that party at Lut's, the doggies met at Nebo's and Popcornbird also hosted a party!)

Freckles, did I miss any?

Andrew and I drove up to SC and met Logan and Scott last August!

Karen (Wolflady) and I met for dinner & gabs in DC just a few weeks ago (right before PT PA)

I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd want to meet people I met on the internet But I have certainly found quite a few human & tons of doggie friends!

HIP HIP HORRAY!
    For Karen & Paul!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

We never thought, back in 1997, that "events" would happen becuase of our site! When we first started Pet of the Day, we said, "Well, we'll try it, and see what happens!" And goodness gracious! Look what has happened - and is happening!

You missed one transAtlantic one -
    Carrie and I met, at Stonhenge, in the rain!

I wish you could add my name to that list!

John a I met Nita in Sevilla last November and again in May. We even stayed in her flat for 3 days with Sirocco, Nelix and Bufi!

I'm hoping to meet more PTalkers!
    Last edited by Randi; 05-27-2003 at 12:29 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I don't know you guys, I think I will claim the first Pet Talk meeting when I met Sara (Rotti) and Carl at the Kane County Fair Grounds where Carl earned a leg in his obedience trial. And then later on our whole family met Leslie and her mom and of course the wonder dog (and love of Hannah's life) Graham who even stayed with us for sleepovers.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I certainly never though I would get togher with a group of people from the internet...under normal circumstance that would scare me, but with this group we have met some wonderful friends!
    Ditto!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by Rachel
    I don't know you guys, I think I will claim the first Pet Talk meeting when I met Sara (Rotti) and Carl at the Kane County Fair Grounds where Carl earned a leg in his obedience trial. And then later on our whole family met Leslie and her mom and of course the wonder dog (and love of Hannah's life) Graham who even stayed with us for sleepovers.
    We were just talking about that on our latest PT meeting in Findlay, OH. It's just so great that so many friendships have been a direct result of this site!

Yes I do believe that, as far as I know, Rachel, when you met Sara (Rottie) that was the very first PT meeting, and your meeting my mom and I, and babysitting Graham was the second. It was great and I will never forget it...nor will Graham His heart has been going pitter patter ever since spending time with Hannah

Good job, Karen & Paul, on a successful site

How right you are, Rachel and Leslie!!! How could the oldtimers forget the pictures that Rachel took of Carl and Sarah at the Obedience Trials!!!! And the great pictures of Graham's sleepover at Rachel's house???? (That's a double embarassment). All of these meetings have been so very special!!!!