Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lots and Lots of Prayers Urgently Needed

Lots and Lots of Prayers Urgently Needed

Yesterday, in the midst of my joy in getting the new puppy, we received a call from my sister. At 6:45 a.m. yesterday morning, my 37 year old nephew riding his motorcycle home to Orange, CA from Bullhead City, AZ was hit by a drunk driver outside of Laughlin, NV.

Chris was flown to University Hospital in Las Vegas and underwent several hours of surgery. He lost his left leg below the knee and they will more than likely have to amputate more of the leg today. There's a bleeder inside the leg and unless they can stop the bleeder it's back to surgery. He was bleeding internally so they opened his abdomen up. He has a fractured pelvis and other abrasions/contusions.

He was wearing a helmet, so there were no head injuries and the CAT scan looks good there.

It was touch and go for a while - really still is. I prayed so hard yesterday and I'm asking the PT friends to pray for him. He's so young and he has a wife and three kids (and a lot of other family) who still need him.

The person who hit him is under arrest in Laughlin and will face charges for whatever happens, but somehow that is small comfort right now. I've always been an advocate of the designated driver idea - in fact I'm the one who volunteers.

Oh no. I'm so very sorry As a nurse, I have seen too, too many victims of drunk drivers pass through my OR/RR. I am heartbroken to learn that he has lost a limb and sustained internal injuries, but thank goodness he had his helmet on and did not receive a serious or fatal head injury. I hope the drunk driver is prosectued to the full extent of the law and that his licesnce is taken away for a long, long time!! I will most certainly be keeping you, Chris and family in my thoughts and prayers. {{{Sandra}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

OMG, what a terrible accident! I hate people who don't seem to care to let another one drive when they have drunk .
    They are playing with the lives of other and innoscent people!!

I am so sorry for your nephew... . I hope he will recover and get an excellent new leg. Please God, let him accept this....!

He is in my prayers!!

Prayers on the way for sure! I am so sorry to hear this, but am very thankful that he was wearing a helmet and there are no head injuries. My co-worker lost her nephew on New Year's Day. He was crossing a street with his girlfriend and was run over by a drunk driver. They finally caught the driver fortunately, although she, the driver, only needs to serve 15 months. I am so sorry to hear that he has lost part of his leg but very thankful that he has made it through this critical time. {{{hugs}}} to you and your family.

I'm very sorry about your nephew, and pray for a speedy recovery.

It's a shame that you'll have more of a penalty if you hurt someone with your fist than your car.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Your nephew will be in our thoughts and prayers. I too hope that the driver is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Please let us know the progress.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I am so sorry this happened! What a horrible, unnecessary accident. Drunk drivers always make my blood boil and I wish the courts would give stiffer sentences and banning of the licence on the first offence (not when they have done the wrong thing numerous times). I cannot find any sympathy for someone who drinks and drives.

I hope this person gets a very stiff sentence and total positive prayers are going out to your nephew and family.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I'm terribly sorry about your nephew's accident and will pray for his recovery.
    The laws punishing drunken drivers are not strong enough, but people who drink probably, and unfortunately, would not be stopped from being a public danger even with harder jail sentences.
    My sister-in-law's sister was killed at the age of 34 by a drunken driver, she left behind a three year old boy and and the rest of the family has never recovered from the tragedy.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

So sorry to hear this. He must be devistated.
    I can thank god nothing as bad happened in my parents accident.
    He will be in my prayers.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm so sorry to hear that He will be in my thoughts.

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

I will be praying for your nephew and the rest of you guys.

I am so sorry. It makes me so mad that there are so many irresponsible drunk drivers!Your nephew will be in my prayers.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

He was wearing a helmet, so there were no head injuries and the CAT scan looks good there.
    thank God he was wearing his helmet, and that he has no head injuries!
    but as it is still serious, I will send prayers for your nephew right now... I am so sorry t read this news... keep positive thoughts for him to pull thru, I'm sure that he's made it this far, he will make it home!
    those bastard drunk drivers! I have a brother that was hit by one and he was also riding a motorcycle.. he made it thru, but it was scary for a while. my thoughts are with you and your family in your scary time....and unfortunately I have a nephew on the other side of the drinking driver problem, he drinks... I wish he would get help, Im scared he will kill someone or himself.

keep us posted on how your nephew is doing, Ok?
    best wishes for his recovery!

We will keep all of your family in our prayers. Keep us updated when you can.

Not another one......so sorry to hear about your nephew. Prayers are on the way. It's awful losing part of his leg, but it's better than the alternative. Funny you should say he was hit by a drunk driver, because on my way home from work last Friday, I was following a guy that certainly had all the signs of a DD so I called 911 and reported him. Don't know if they caught up with the guy or not but we have to do everything we can to keep these idiots off the road.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.