Thread: Edwina the Psychic

Edwina the Psychic

Don and I are going away for the holiday weekend, however not so much as a toothbrush has been brought out for packing yet. Nonetheless...Edwina has started in on her..."I am so adorable and loving how could you possibly THINK of leaving me."

Came back to bed after her breakfast (and check of her realm) to cuddle. When I got up she followed me everywhere. Waited for me outside the shower, followed me to check email. Begged to play on my dresser (and in the drawers) while I got dressed. Sat on the dresser gazing at herself in the mirror. Followed me downstairs and saw me off at the door.

How do they know!?!?!?! Or is it possible that I just think she is cuter when I know I have to leave her????

I had prepared myself for a picture of Edwina, head wrapped in some sort of gypsy garb and gazing into a crystal ball.

I think it's a little of each of the things you mention. When you look deeply into a cat's eyes sometimes it looks very mysterious in there, you know? Like they just know things. Of course you are going to miss her and maybe you are even more attentative to her than you realize so she is being mutually lovey.

She sure knows how to lay on the guilt.

Originally posted by catland
    She sure knows how to lay on the guilt.
    Yep, somehow she knows and I think this is what she's up to.

Actually I think it's like Pam said, that it's a combination of all of the above.

Something interesting to try would be on a weekend when you're really planning on staying home, start thinking to yourself that you're going away. Go through all the actions that you normally would if you were really going away - and watch her reactions. Would be interesting to even go as far as packing....and then stay home! Would she be fooled and totally confused when you stayed home or are her psychic abilities enough to see through your deception?

Of course then the thought comes to me....go through all of this to fool a cat? Who's the one that belongs in the loony bin? And I dont' think it's the cat.

But then again, it would be interesting to see her reactions.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

LOL! Maybe she is playing dective and is trying to find out what happened to her chocolate present that disappeared while she was gone a partying.

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Go through all the actions that you normally would if you were really going away - and watch her reactions. Would be interesting to even go as far as packing....and then stay home! Would she be fooled and totally confused when you stayed home or are her psychic abilities enough to see through your deception?
    I also thought about it. Well, I'll try it for sure

that would be an interesting experiment- let us know if you try it.
    Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!