Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad kitty dreams..??

bad kitty dreams..??

Last night I was woken up several times by Mishka's "cries" in his sleep. He was in his basket right next to my bed. Every time he would cry out I would reach over and pet him - he woke up and started to purr for a second but would fall right back to sleep. Usually when I reach over to pet him at night he jumps right up and cuddles with me, this time I actually picked him up and put him next to me - he jumped off and walked to the other end of the room and then slowly back to his basket. Should I be worried or was it just a bad "kitty" dream?? Oh - and he also did not seem himself during the day...slept more and was not his social self.
    Any ideas or am I overreacting?

Hmmm, could be just a bad night ... but you know him better than anyone. I guess if he still seems less active today, then a trip to the vet would be a good idea.

Good luck and please let us know!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

If anything has changed in his environment it might be putting him "off" his normal routine. I know for Emily, even a new piece of furniture can have that effect sometimes. Give him another day and if things don't change, maybe take him to the vet.

Maybe it is an upset tummy. That always gives me bad dreams!

Mandy has dreams where she actually jumps in her sleep. I have never heard her cry in her sleep but anything is possible. Maybe it is a bad dream. At least he has you when he wakes up!
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

When I first got Speckles, she would occasionally meow/cry in her sleep but it seemed to stop after a few months. Cheese gives me bad dreams... Has Mishka been into the cheddar??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

well if she isnt acting usual you really should bring her to the vet but if it doesnt happen anymore dont worry just a dream probally

George snores...badly.

When Fister sleeps, we often see his paws, tail and whiskers moving - he is dreaming of course! But, he also has nightmares. When he sleeps betweeen us, he will sometimes suddenly jump high in the air like a rocket, with claws ready and make the most peculiar noises. He has obviously had a nightmare and looks SO confused - and he nearly gives us a heart attack! Sometimes when he sleeps under our bed, we can hear him banging his head against the bedframe. It often happens when he has been out in his old backyard after being inside for a while.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Originally posted by Randi
    he will sometimes suddenly jump high in the air like a rocket, with claws ready and make the most peculiar noises. He has obviously had a nightmare and looks SO confused - and he nearly gives us a heart attack! Sometimes when he sleeps under our bed, we can hear him banging his head against the bedframe.
    That Fister is such a character.

Aguu, I think one unusual night and day is nothing to worry about. Could be anything...Mishka is a cat after all.

If the odd behavior continues, that's another story, but I think she's just fine.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Mozart will twitch his nose and feet, but i've not yet heard him meow...

Sometimes they will all snore.... guess they are imitating hubby!

Aguu, have you recently moved into an older house? Or has anyone there been dabbling in Occult practices? Cats can sense when a spirit is in the area, and the way you describe your furkid's behavior, it is worth questioning on these issues.

l wayne you are so stupid there wouldnt be a spirit in the house unless there satanic or do bed stuff like evil stuff and did you know cats can see 6 times better than humans in the dark aghu maybe he had to go to the bathroom

Originally posted by lildoggie67
    l wayne you are so stupid there wouldnt be a spirit in the house unless there satanic or do bed stuff like evil stuff and did you know cats can see 6 times better than humans in the dark aghu maybe he had to go to the bathroom
    Please don't be insulting. We try to be civil on this board, and not everyone shares your beliefs.

HUH!!
    Wayne - I HAVE!!
    I just moved in with my parents - into their old house. That is very interesting! Any suggestions as to how I should investigate this? (sorry I'm only reading this now - I've been away)
    I'm kind of spooked now....