Thread: Canadian Idol

Canadian Idol

Wow, lol..no one is ever going to watch that without Simon, but anywho. 3 ppl (atleast) that I know from my school are going to try out..I think it's pretty cool cause one of them is always singing at events and such and is REALLY good..she even got the lead female role in the school play we had last week. I think it would be neat if someone from here made it kinda far atleast, cause it's so small and nothing ever happens here :x Anyone else know anyone trying out?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

how fun! which station? cbc?
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I know a girl from work tired out and made it to the actual judges but I don't know how she did after that. But you're right it won't be the same without Simon, you just know the judges won't be mean enough...they'll be well to Canadian

And what's with Sass Jordan as the judge? I know the name but can't remember anything she's done. Jann Arden, now there would have been a good judge.

Oh and it's on CTV, Canada's other major network.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

thats cool about your friend Crikit.good luck to the people from your school,slleipnir.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

I really hope that someone I know will win. My sister has some friends that are going, and my friend's sister and some of her friends are going too. BTW, Simon is really not going to be there? Because my friend told me he might go. Do you know who the judges are?
    Good luck to your friends!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    From what I understand Simon isn't going to be at the Canadian one, I think he has to go back to Britain and do the next season of the British version. The judges we get are Sass Jordan, and three people from the Canadian recording industry.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

A friend of mine tried out. He's even on the commercial

He sings Goo Goo Dolls songs really well. He made it to the second round and then the judges said, "Your not exactly what we're looking for" He got so upset he said, "Well maybe what your looking for is the wrong thing" Yikes Heehee. I still believe he can make it far. He's got a great voice.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I'm pretty sure if Simon was a judge they'd show it so ppl would be like oh, cool! I gotta watch..

Thats really cool prima I'll have to look out for that next time I don't know about 2 of the ppl from my school, but one didn't make it..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)