Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GGgrrrrrrrr

GGgrrrrrrrr

I have a question. My neighbor is upset that I now have 5 dogs. (I live in the sticks) They are wanting to sell there house and told me that because I have 5 dogs that the property value just dropped. Is this true does that happen? I have a very clean yard, I have a 110ft x 30 ft pen for the dogs to run in, and I clean up after the dogs. You would never know I had any dogs if you didn't hear a bark once in awhile. (every blue moon) They said in a snotty way "are you opening up a dog kennel?" So what if I am. I guess they'll really have a cow when I get my goats. As long as I feed and take care of them I see it isn't anyones business. What do you all think? None of the dogs are mean either, they are love sponges!

You know what I'd do? I'd teach all 5 to bark..and get them to bark day and night lol...shows them!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

That might work binka_nugget. But how would you teach them to bark

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

The teaching them to bark part is easy. Kai learnt it in 5 minutes. It's the all 5 at once... and keeping them going that's hard. It'd be awesome though! I love pissing off people who piss off me..LOL typical teenager?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Teaching the dogs to bark on command to make your neighbours even madder might sound like a good idea but in reality it could just make matters worse. The neighbours might call animal control or the police on you for all the noise.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

lol, tell 'em it's their fault they didn't sell their house sooner. Oh... and get more dogs!
    "It can't rain all the time." -Eric Draven
    "If you have words, you have power." -Brian

true that!!! dont teach them to bark, just get, if you have any, the young kids in your house to go out side and make a bunch of racket!! they cant call on you cause they are kids, and kids make noise!! i have done that. once our lousey neighbor was complaining about our pups, so my mom just sent us out and told us to make a lot of racket!! it was fun, since i was only 7 at the time!! try it!!!
    Abby's and Sandy's mom!!!!

Originally posted by Crikit
    Teaching the dogs to bark on command to make your neighbours even madder might sound like a good idea but in reality it could just make matters worse. The neighbours might call animal control or the police on you for all the noise.
    We have no animal control where I am. The police (we have one) won't do anything either! As for the kids making noise I have 1 who is 12, thats it for the kids. No way can I get the dogs to bark, it's too hot! But is it true about the property value going down? I'd understand if I didn't take care of my place, but I take very good care of it.

Having just bought a house - I can absolutely tell you that having dogs in the neighborhood DOES NOT make the value go down. It is probably their attitude that is making the value go down !!!

If anything it should make the property value go up as having a dog in the immediate area is much safer. Can you see someone trying to break into an area that has dogs right next door???

VERY good point Clara
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

good point Clara!!
    If their house is in good condition, their property value should speak for itself. Personally, I would buy a house in a second that had 5 dogs next door!!!! It's your property, and you can have whatever you want there.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Property values goes down because of doggies? Well, I guess if you lived next door to a kennel, it is possible the house might be less desirable than one without a kennel, all else being equal.

But, seriously, if you are out in the sticks (your term...not mine), I don't think a kennel, a few goats, etc., makes much difference. I surely wouldn't be concerned or get upset that they made that comment.

Sounds like your HLV is about to go UP! (Harmonious Living Value).

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    Personally, I would buy a house in a second that had 5 dogs next door!!!!
    That's exactly what I was thinking!! I'd be glad those nasty neighbors of your's are moving

Sorry, I don't know about the property value situation...

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Their *perception* of the value of their property may have gone down, but that doesn't mean it has for potential buyers. You are not liable for their mental status if your dogs are polite and contained!

It depends on the buyer, and the types of dogs! A couple with very small children might be a little skittish about buying a house next to somebody who had 5 rottweilers for instance - just because of the reputation of the breed. I happen to love rotties myself.

It also depends on if the yard is kept clean and if the dogs are kept indoors or out. Somebody who knows a little about dogs might not want to buy a house next to someone who keeps their dogs outdoors all day where kids can poke at them with sticks and make them mean.

So - it all depends!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!