Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Frito Feet Anyone??

OK, the doggie feet actually smelled yummie. After having mowed the lawn, I was hungry enough to eat them. After tomorrow, no more though. Snow and COLD temperatures are expected, and they will be doing the three-legged dance for the winter again. Haul out the doggie coats.
    Tatsxxx11 - Best of luck with the agility!!

I admit, all this talk about dog feet, I just had to do it. I slipped into my daughter's room where Honey was sleeping on the foot of the bed and I smelled her feet!!! I DID NOT get the Frito sensation, but could kind of picture popcorn. Now I'm going to have to find Lilly and do the same thing. In fact, my little buddy, Dexter, is spending the night with us Sunday. I'll check him too.
    I have never laughed so hard as I have over this topic!!!!
    Sure hope there isn't a hidden camera in my house. My ex might have some grounds against me if he saw that move!!! LOL!!

I have to admit too, that on Friday night (after laughing my as* off all day Friday) I too went home and couldn't quit thinking about "frito feet". I waited until hubby was in the bathroom and quickly picked up one of Annie's paws and gave a quick sniff. BUTTERED POPCORN with a hint of Frito!!!! I reluctantly told my hubby about it and I thought he was gonna die laughing. Never did catch him giving it a try but I'm sure he's thinking about it. Too bad my dogs can't talk!!!!

teena,
    Maybe its a good thing your dogs can't talk. What would they say about you sneakily smelling their feet?

------------------
    ***Save a life, ADOPT***

[This message has been edited by Sudilar (edited November 06, 2000).]

Couldn't wait to get home Friday! I took one look at Cody and lost it! And yes, I took another sniff just to be sure! More laughing! Of course, except for all of you, I kept this my little secret! Friends and family aren't as "understanding"! Teena, did you catch your husband in the act? Tats! How did the agility go???

Karen:

Not yet, but am sure he's curious. Just too macho (or sane?) to do it in front of me.

When I first saw this post I have to admit I thought that nobody in their right mind is going to be smelling their dogs feet! Far from tsking I thought, "Oh well, there's always one!"
    How wrong I was! There are an awful lot of you nutty paw sniffers out there, are you sure there aren't laws against it?!
    (Just in case you are wondering I haven't a clue what Frito's are, although I now know I DON'T want to eat any!!)
    I also have not and will not smell my dogs feet - someone might see me! But you have all given me huge laughs with this so I'm grateful,if a little mystified!

I am going to read them all to my husband later and see if he is tempted to try it. If I can get a photo I'll have him under the thumb for years!!!!

[This message has been edited by carrie (edited November 06, 2000).]

Oh Carrie, you must know about Fritos!! They are corn chips and much stronger smelling than normal torilla chips. People can smell them on you for hours. But, they are heavenly to eat, and lethal for our hips! So glad my puppies feet don't smell that strong!!

AH HA! I KNEW Carrie would finally reply!! I knew this would drive her nuts! Have never seen anything like Fritos in the UK. They are as Tats said, toasty, roasty Corn chips not be confused with "potato chips", shaped differently. They are a bit greasy but ..who cares..YUMMY!! If I knew they wouldn't smash, I'd send you some. Yep, Frito feet! You can't eat just one!!!

I, too, was anxious to hear Carrie's reply! How VERY, VERY BRITISH!!!! You are TOO funny! As others have said, Carrie, frito feet are often commonly confused with popcorn tootsies (the kitty version of "frito feet") as the smell is very similar. Just think toasty corn. Now, I really am quite disappointed because I was CERTAIN YOU of all people, would have some scientific explaination for this intriguing phenomenon!! I've heard it was a scent created from their drying saliva; you know, licking their paws. Maybe you could research this further, and we can give this a real, scientifically based name!! KAREN: Thanks for asking about Star. She's been sulking all day because no one posted inquiring about her PHENOMENAL SUCCESS! Seriously, I was more exhausted and stressed out than she was!! (Nervous Mom's!) She is soooo crafty and independent minded!! What a little devil. Always wants to do it HER way. But very smart, and before you knew it, she was through that tunnel, over that hurdle, tipping that see-saw like a pro! In all doggie related classes, she quickly becomes the "ring leader" and "class clown" and had all the other doggies organized and defiant by the end of the hour. DOGS ARE SOOOO MUCH FUN!!! P.S. SHE SLEPT ALL NIGHT!!!! Yeah Star! Did you guys see the "Dog of the Day?" Her YLR is named Star too!!

Well, I didn't mean to do it but I did... I was lying on the floor last night and Sue plopped down next to me a flung his paw on my face. It was Fritos alright...

For all of you culinarily myopic friends out there. These are Fritos.

------------------
    Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue...

What a funny topic!!!

I always thought my aussie, Graham, had popcorn paws...I just went and smelled them again and smelled popcorn but with a hint of freedo

I had never smelled my pugs paws until just now and I discovered that she's a popcorn paw Her lil paws (or stamps hahahaha, that was really funny, Smilla) are predomintally popcorn with just a sprinkle of freedo

I have noticed that my pug, Cassie's pads are as soft as velvet (she's 7 years old) and Graham, my aussie's pads are rough and scaley (he's about 6)...maybe it's a girl thing...or is it a small dog thing? Not sure, but both dog's feet sure do smell dreamy

[This message has been edited by AdoreMyDogs (edited November 06, 2000).]

Adore:
    Both of my dogs have the roughest, scratchiest feet (1 male, 1 female). It plays hell on my clothes and nylons when I get home. It must be from all the running at the lake.

Still laughing hysterical!! We even have our new friend Steak doing it! And he sure looks like a macho guy to me!!! Thanks for the Frito website, never gave it a thought! Now Carrie can see, but not taste....Pity! This is way too funny!!! Is it Fritoitis? Imagine calling the vet?

What are you lot like??!! I actually have tears in my eyes now!!

Scientific explanation is what you asked for-oh, I'm going to enjoy this- and that is what you shall have! Dogs have small glands on the pads of their feet, eccrine glands. The secretion from these, mostly water, helps to keep the walking surface in good condition. The more common name for the glands is sweat glands or eccrine sweat glands. Dogs like to lick this off because of the taste and you are simply smelling your dogs stale body odour!! (I wonder if you enjoy each other's armpitts too!!!)