Thread: They Won't Do Anything

They Won't Do Anything

There is a grooming place in the store that my mom works at. There is this one specific groomer who is absolutely CRUEL to all of the dogs she touches. If the dog's got long hair, she keeps the hair long on it's chin so she can move it's head where SHE wants it... and not so nicely either, then after the rest of the dog is done, she shaves that part off. Also, we've seen her scream at the top of her lungs to these poor dogs. We've seen her pull the dog by it's lip, it's ear and very roughly by it's leg. These dogs are crying and shaking like leaves the whole time. She'll sometimes even hit them with the brush. Now, I've called, I've talked to the manager, he said he'd keep a closer eye --- but of course... did he?! Yeah right. My mom has called the corporate office --- did they do anything? Ha! The other day, I called the corporate office and she pretty much told me that if I left no contact information whatsoever and chose to stay anonymous, that there wasn't much she could do. So, of course, she won't do anything. I'm not giving up though... I'd like to know what you guys think I should do? Who should I tell? No one will do anything --- so I will. What are your opinions? Thank you!
    "It can't rain all the time." -Eric Draven
    "If you have words, you have power." -Brian

Oh yeah, keep calling and fighting for those pups! I used to groom and have seen this kind of crap before. I saw a groomer deliberately cut OFF a dogs ear once because it wouldn’t be still! It was horrible. I was young and a bit rough then, so I cornered her in the parking lot that afternoon and threatened her. She and I were about the same size, and I’d never been in a fight before but I was ready to beat her to a pulp! People can be so cruel. I’m so glad you’re doing what you can to get her out of there, but unfortunately she’ll just move on and be cruel to animals at another salon. I’ve seen a lot of this.

I would keep calling them until something is done! I would just keep bugging them about it, so they would HAVE to do something! That MEAN, HORRIBLE LADY! why would she want to work with dogs, if shes so cruel to them and treats them very badly?! SOME PEOPLE.....

This lady needs another line of work, obviously

I would keep calling and bugging them, hopefully something will be done.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Give me the corporate #'s number & what you want me to say. I will call them & happily give them my name. This person must be stopped.

call the humane society or spcpa, there has to be someone that will do something about animal cruelity!

this just makes me sick, now I don't want to take my cats to be groomed anymore! I never did like the idea that its done where I can't see...

I wonder if there would be a way to inform the customers anonymously?

micki 76
    what happend about that dog, what did the owner say ? that was awful, I would have done the same as you but I would have shoved her around some...and told the dogs owners, the pets owners have the right to know!. I hope I never find out of my cats getting mistreated...

scroll to the last on this page, I wonder if she could help with the dogs rights? I don't think the others on the page belong on that page...

http://allexperts.com/getExpert.asp?Category=2716

You need to actually document the incident, exact time it occured, what happened, etc. Even better, when you see it occur, go and get the manager of the store that very minute. You can't say weeks later "well I saw her do this..and that..." Do something about it when you SEE it happen.

I know, because I work at a grooming salon and there's one groomer that is sometimes not very nice to dogs (or customers for that matter). I don't think she's in the right line of work, she has no patience for animals. The manager said the only way we can do anything is if we report an incident when it occurs, and she's written up for it.......not " well one time I saw her do this..." if that makes any sense.

micki76, cut OFF a dogs ear??? Was the groomer fired? How did the owners react? Poor dog!

p.s. I hope nobody thinks all groomers are bad because of a few....they're not...

My mom just found out that she has been called on many times before. Often the dogs that SHE grooms need to go to the vet about a week later for eye problems. She has also been called on a many times for mistreating the dogs.

I just discovered my rats chewed through their screening on their cage and Chester was sticking his head out where he had chewed with a look on his face like, "Look what I did, mom!" lol

Anyway, about telling the manager of the store. My mom works at this store and the managers know me and for some reason I don't think like me. Probably because of my eyebrow piercing? They think I'm a little troublemaker. Anyway, it wouldn't help out my mom because they already know that she already called on (the groomer) and they let her know they know. I have talked to the manager, on the phone. He said he'd keep a closer eye. Of course he didn't. Maybe I should stand outside the door and everyone who's bringing in a dog, inform them not to let this specific groomer do their dog. Hm...

Powerlounging, I'd give you all of the necessary information, but this store is located in Saint Louis, Missouri. They'll be curious if you leave a call back number in a different state? Unless, I'm totally wrong and you actually live in Missouri.

Thank you, marysmerrycats, for that link. I've sent the bottom person an e-mail.

wolf_Q, I know many nice groomers, who are very kind to the animals. It's just this one....AHHHH!!!
    "It can't rain all the time." -Eric Draven
    "If you have words, you have power." -Brian

Unfortunately, I'm in Massachusetts. I wish I knew someone in Missouri, though. I hope that they get this piece of you-know-what masquerading as a human being, & terminate her. Why would someone do a job clearly that they hate & take it out on innocents? It burns my butt.

well if you stand outside that store and tell people that, be careful, because they might go in there and tell her.. that could make trouble. too bad the person on the phone making the appts doesn't just direct business away from her... or when people come in.. if thats possible. I think you should look into your states animal rights.