Thread: vacation

vacation

if you could would you take your cats on vacation?

where would you take them and how long would your stay??
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

The word "vacation" is a fantasy for us right now anyway.... so might as well make this REALLY GOOD!!! hehehe...

Yes, I would take ALL of my kitties with me to some deserted tropical island with lots of trees to climb, fishies to fish for and beautiful tropical birds and butterflies to chase!!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I will probably sound like a big meanie but I would never take my cats on vacation. They would be soooooo stressed! Let's just say that neither one of them adjust very well to change. (They don't even particularly like it when I rearrange the furniture! LOL!) It is much more preferred by them to have someone stop in and feed them and scoop their box and then just quietly leave.

I can picture Mimi lounging on a sunny beach (in my dreamworld), drinking daiquiris or a glass of wine, and being fanned by some adoring person (probably me!).

Butter would definitely be on safari. He is quite the hunter and interested in anything that moves, whether it is bigger than him or not. But he might prefer the rainforests, where he could climb trees and scout out his prey from up above!!!

In reality, they will both stay at home, safely cared for by our petsitter, which is the easiest thing and the best thing for both of them.

My boys would rather stay home, staring at the birds throught the windows, batting at bouncing lights on the walls with their paws. Sometimes, they take a safari under the beds (where they find Lord only knows what!)

They can't even stand a 2 mile drive to the vet. No way they could handle a vacation. Yes, they'll stay home and get extra attention from our neighbor Sherry, Pet Sitter Extrordinaire.

Considering that Nakita already eats, sleeps, and plays on her own schedule........she's already on a never ending vacation!

I guess that would make me her travel assistant!

Last edited by Russian Blue; 05-08-2003 at 02:25 PM.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

LOL at Russian Blue. You're quite right!

But, my boys have a very very demanding schedule. It is lots of work to find a new place to nap every 30 minutes!!!

Jan would like to take a vacation at a furniture store. She could try out all of the new couches and recliners and mattresses to her heart's content. I guess I can send her to Cincinatti.

Sid would like a nice temperate climate with some sun and a patch of catnip to roll in. Something with a view. Perhaps the base of Mt. Fuji?

Joxer likes to occasionally be by himself to meditate. Maybe a trip to Tibet?

25 years ago, when I had my sweet Meo, we had friends who had a sister of her, Lisa. They had a cottage ( a small wooden house) near a pond in France (just 50 miles from my native town) and we went there for long weekends and took the kittens with us. They loved to be there, to roam near the cottage, play with each other and after the weekend we took Meo back with our Citroen 2 CV. I suppose these were ideal cat holidays.

i vote for the beach......

"eddie!!! look!!!! litter as far as the eye can see!!!"

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

My cats don't travel well at all so I wouldn't even dream of taking them on vacation. Way tooooo stressful! As for MY dream vacation......well.....that's another story.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Bastet would be strutting around upper class New York City - dancing the night away drinking cosmos and strawberry dakaris - She would be in and out of beauty parlors and dress shops - she would chat with very handsome male cats (Micah for example ) and be the life of the party with her wit, charm, charisma and intellegence -

Me - well - thats another story

But in real life - Bastet would prefer the comfort of her own home. I would love to take her on holidays but it would stress her out no end!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

well my idea of a vacation right now would be either a cruise or a weeks stay at the disneyland hotel, and seeing all the things around there, by where I used to live many years ago.

as for my cats, they would be happier probably at home, with a very good caregiver. but I would miss them, so if I were to take them with me, it would have to be a short trip, so I would say a fancy hotel that allowed all my cats. they would freakout though!

a good vacation for them would be a place where it would be safe to go ouside!

Every time I go to the seaside, I see people with their doggies, some with their cats and I envy them. I wish I could take Juni with me. It would be a hassle just because it's another country and I would need to have so many papers.