Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSN troubles :(

MSN troubles :(

I haven't been able to go on my msn messenger for months because my computer has somehow disabled it Along with all of the other chat rooms! We don't have a firewall or anything

Whenever I try and get into msn, it starts to work, but suddenly the page freezes (the other pages don't freeze) And it will say that the program is not respnoding

Does anyone know how I might be able to fix it???

It would be neat to be able to chat with some pet talkers lol
    I've been BOO'd!

My computer whiz friend recommends going to add/remove programs, uninstalling MSN and then put it back in again. I hope you can get it working

Try to reinstall the whole program. A certain file may have been corrupted. I had to do that with my yahoo messenger and have had no problems since.

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I've done that so many times lol. I'm thinking about just deleting a whole bunch of files, maybe I have a small virus *sigh* this sucks lol...
    I've been BOO'd!

I have MSN too, it has never given me problems. Good luck!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

From what you described, it seems like your computer has a virus that's causing this problem. It happened to me several years ago and was a virus. I had to format my whole harddrive and reinstall windows and everything. I'm afraid you might have to format and reinstall Windows from scratch. Don't worry though. It makes your computer run like new after the formatting. Good luck!

omg, I don't want a virus! I don't have to delete every single file, do I? I have thousands of things saved Maybe I'll get one of those virus check thingies?
    I've been BOO'd!

Do you not have a virus checker? If not its HIGHLY recommend you get one lol. If you do have one, run a virus check and it will let you know, and ask you if you want to delete it. Some/most virus's aren't that big of a deal with a virus scanner. I have Norton AntiViris

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

You dont have to delete all you files :] Don't worry

Thanks so much! I'm going to download a virus check, and I'm so glad I won't have to delete my files Maybe I'll get my msn back soon! My friends miss me lol
    I've been BOO'd!

Hope you get it fixed

I have every server and msn never gives me any problems..i agree with everyone else and reinstalling the whole program!

Misty loves you! Do you love misty?Awww, look at that cute face! Who can resist?

I've already reinstalled it like ten times

Bad news I guess - It's not a virus, so I can't fix it...

I'm not sure what to do...This kind of sucks...I haven't been on msn for months! *Sigh*

I downloaded an antivirus and it told me I don't have any problems..

But I did find out that I have almost 100000 GB worth of files on my computer!
    I've been BOO'd!

100000 GB? Must be a hell of a comp..my comp has like 29GB for my whole comp lol jk..Hmm..Do you have the latest version of it? Did you delete it from Add/remove programs or did you just delete it? You might be interest in my other post called 'interesting program' it will show you all your files and your comp and how big they are. Its a HUGE help to tell you things you need to delete. If you want to see how much space you have and what is free go to My Computer and right click on C:\ And go to properties I'm trying to think of some other reason it's not working..

Thanks

Yeah, I went to add/remove and I deleted it..I also deleted it from my "other" box. I'm not sure if it's the latest version though All I know is that it's messenger 4.6 because windows 95 doesn't take 5.0

I'm going to get an upgrade hopefully...I'm hoping it'll help...

I'll check your thread out
    I've been BOO'd!