Oh T-Shirts and/or hats are great. I've also seen very sharp looking rescue tote bags for sale. Petfinder offers a discount for bulk t-shirts...at least they were!

We just had a Dog Walk fundraiser over the weekend that was alot of fun. People were able to walk dogs that were in the pound if they didn't have one of their own to bring. Several dogs were adopted out of the pound because of this! We gave everyone pledge sheets several weeks in advance and raised quite a bit of money this way. Local businesses donated hotdogs and buns, chips, pop, etc. and we cooked up free lunch for everyone at the end of the walk. We also had an obediance and agility demonstration that was a big hit. I brought my huge male GSD and showed everyone how sweet GSD's can be but also how ball driven and frisbee crazy they are. My Duke had a great time herding the kids in the golf cart! This is the hubby and Duke:

I also had to drag along the pups I'm bottle feeding because we were going to be gone most of the day. I got to tell a good rescue story, which someone mentioned in a post above, to grab people's attention. Here's me bottle feeding babies:

Let's see...we also had a raffle. Local businesses and people who do crafts donated items for that and that was a big success moneywise. Another rescue person sold doggie bandanas and she brought some dogs for adoption. I didn't take any rescue dogs but I did print out descriptions and pics of dogs in need of homes.

That's about all I can think of for the moment but I'm sure something else will pop into my head.