Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mickey is getting neuteured!

Mickey is getting neuteured!

We schedueled an appointment for Mickey's neutering on Monday. (which is great because I got the day off so I can bring Mick in with my mom)

I know that this is basically a simple operation but I'm asking for your prayers that everything goes smoothly. Please!

Also, I'm a bit unsure about what's going to happen. He'll be staying the day there and then for the next 24 hours, he'll be a bit out of it, right? Should I try to leave him alone for awhile. I don't want to get him angry...any advice? I'm not even sure if what I am thinking I'm supposed to do is what I'm supposed to do.

Please help!

Thank you

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

When Timber came home, she was so sick and drugged up she just wanted to lie on me and sleep. My poor baby, her eyes were all bloodshot I would reccommned just sitting with him calmly and stroking him and talking to him. Timber was so happy when I came home and she just got to sleep on me (and cut off my circulation!! )

Good luck to you Mickey! Be a good boy
    I've been BOO'd!

hope all goes well!

when we got jewels spayed she fell asleep standing up, then fell over, then got up and fell alsleep standing up again. lol! when you first get him back you'll be able to tell if he just wants to sleep

Oooh Good Luck to you, Mickey!! You're a big boy now!! And we'll be thinking of you, Primabella! Don't worry too much...it's a routine thing, and he'll be in there, and a few hours later he'll be home again. That being said, I remember how scared I was...I didn't care HOW many operations the vet had done that went smoothly, I didn't want anything to happen to my boy!! So hang in there, and update us when you can.

As far as energy goes, Malone was pretty much back to normal by the next morning. I don't know if this is typical or not. But trying to keep him sane and quiet for 10 days was almost a nightmare. I'm sure Mickey will let you know if he wants to be left alone, but he probably will be begging for lots of cuddling.

Of course I will keep the Mickster in my thoughts on Monday, and you too--I know you will be worried!!
    As far as what to do with him when he gets home, he will probably just need some rest. I'm sure your vet will give you any special instructions you need to make him feel better soon.
    Kito was up and normal again the next day (except for manuevering his cone), and he was *supposed* to be calm for 2 weeks until his stitches came out--he was calm for a day or 2
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Good luck to Mickey! I'm sure he will be fine! I'll be thinking of him!

When Reggie/Smokey/Lady all were neutered/spayed they were really "out of it" when we got them home. Just wanted to sleep.

But nooooooooo my boy was WIDE AWAKE when I picked him up (same day too) and he was NOT a happy boy.....of course, he had that cone on his head too!

I'll be hoping Mickey will be a good boy and not have to be a cone-head!

When i got Daisy and Molly spayed, they were no where near tired! Daisy was back to her regular old self, wagging her tail, wanting to play fetch, but you have to let them rest for about 1 week before going back to the "regular routine". Molly went right back to barking like she usally does! But it could be different for males then females!

Good luck Mickey!! You will be in my thoughts!

I was very young when my first dog got spayed... I don't really remember the "aftermath". And when we got Ruby she was already spayed... so I'm not much help there

I hope all goes well!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

"Shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you will still land among the stars."
    I just got Rusty neutered. He came out fine and was sooooo happy to see us. the people said we shouldn't play with him. Good luck to Mickey!!
    [color=royal blue]LOVING MOMMY TO MY FUR BABY, RUSTY![/COLOR]

THANX SOOOO MUCH TO POPCORNBIRD FOR THE GREAT SIG!!!!
    DOGLOVRFOREVR

Nutered???

OUCH!!!!! poor fella! lol

Everything will be just fine.

Angus was 10 when he was neutured. He was sleepy when he came home, so Mark had to lift him into the car (he weighs 116 lbs!) and help him out when they got home. He slept about much all night and was still a little tired in the morning, but pretty much like his old self the next day. So try not to worry about your baby boy too much
    I'll be thinking of you both Monday.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Re: Mickey is getting neuteured!

Hi Mickey,

Rocky here.

Piece of cake, so don't worry and you won't even
    miss anything.
    Milk it, as long as you can,
    so your mommy feels real sorry for ya.
    Oh! I almost forgot, don't go licking at your
    stitches like I did. It will take longer to heal.

----<---<--<{(@

hey prima!! hi mickey!! good luck to u mickster! he should be fine.. well he will but you know.. lol.. when we first brought cami back she was sooo sleepy... And just layed around in her cage.. she tried to lick it but when she would the cone on her head would scratch her tummy. poor babe. about a day after all she wanted to do was play and be excited.. We had to leave her in the morning till the next day i was so sad!! Well another dog i know had got a hard lump where her stiches were.. i forget what its called... That is only because she got too excited.. its like a cluster of water or something beneath the skin and it makes a hard lump...??? I forgot it seems like forever ago.. lol

Heehee

But nooooooooo my boy was WIDE AWAKE when I picked him up (same day too) and he was NOT a happy boy.....of course, he had that cone on his head too
    lol Always gotta be different, huh Nebo?

I didn't care HOW many operations the vet had done that went smoothly, I didn't want anything to happen to my boy!!
    Exactly how I feel.

Thanks everyone. I'm not *too* worried, it's more my sister. She is freaking out over it. I'm sure all will go well. And thanks for the tips. Knowing Mick, I'm sure he'll be a bit drained but once you pick up that ball, he'll bounce right back up and wanna play

Thanks again and yes, I'll keep you guys updated!

from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
    Well another dog i know had got a hard lump where her stiches were.. i forget what its called... That is only because she got too excited.. its like a cluster of water or something beneath the skin and it makes a hard lump...??? I forgot it seems like forever ago.. lol
    A hard lump? Don't get me worried now!!

I'll keep an eye on him though. I don't want him licking at it or whatever he may do.